Digital & Mobile UX Designer
Join the ShopThing Team
Looking to be a part of the next tech unicorn? Here is your chance! We’re on a mission to transform the way people shop and sell through live video commerce. Having taken APAC by storm and hailed the next evolution in e-commerce by Deloitte, we’re bringing this $125 billion gig economy to North America with the help of top-tier retail brands, influencers and 95,000+ active users.
🛍 Over 200,000 Customers!
👤 175,000+ social media following
📱 26 releases
📈 400% quarterly growth
🛒 0 to 17 luxury retail partnerships
🎬 Hosted 275+ livestream shopping events
Headquartered in Toronto, we have world-class technology and product teams. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join the team and build the future of live video in commerce in North America.
As our ideal candidate, you are passionate, creative, enjoy working in a fast-growing startup and dedicated to driving user experience forward. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming and gathering user insights to designing the user experience and getting user feedback. You will be expected to utilize your full range of skills from research, UX design, interaction design and visual design. You are resourceful, motivated and a go-getter. You “own” your job and have a high standard of achievement. You are flexible and open to feedback and ideas.
NOTE: Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio or case studies within your resume. This role is not appropriate for Junior Designers.
- Drive the design process from beginning to end
- Ability to turn complex challenges and transform them into intuitive and beautiful web-based designs
- Apply design thinking methods and a user-centered design processes to create compelling and award-wining solutions
- Research competitors to learn from their successes and failures
- Visualize design problems and information in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend and can effectively articulate design concepts via low-fidelity sketches and wireframes
- Deliver high-fidelity mockups and prototypes to ensure the development team’s success
- Conduct and analyze user research and usability testing
- Ask smart questions and champion new ideas, improvements and innovation
- Contribute to design guidelines and best practices
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer of mobile applications, we are looking for someone that can hit the ground the running and mentor Junior Designers
- Experience with user research, user testing, and user flows, this role will have a really strong emphasis on User Research
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Skilled in Adobe XD or similar software
- Ability to manage multiple projects while consistently deliver outstanding designs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of WCAG (accessibility) requirements is an asset
- Competitive salary
- A fun-loving, supportive, environment where people are challenged and expected to grow
- Potential for career advancement in just about any line of business
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. ShopThing is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact job description.
ShopThing is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.