Since Last Week
We trekked out to Washington state to Karli and Caleb Ingersoll’s bar/cafe/music venue for the first-ever Bartfest, a celebration of music and design. No we didn’t. But we wish we did. You’ll wish you did, too, after reading last week’s Timeout.
- Design collective 828 put out some new tees and is donating all proceeds to the American Red Cross; posted by Marc Ferrino.
- Kim Wouters took the time to explain why she did what she did with a recent app project.
On the Grid
- Grid by Tommy Roussel
- PUSH LIMITS! by Marcelo Schultz
- File Sharing Pattern by Fabricio Rosa Marques
- KELPie Studio's Gregory Kozhemyak shared the icon for VOLV Interactive’s DogFight game.
- Backgammon app by Bogdan Maksimcuk for Provectus
- Filip Slováček worked on the guess-the-name game Iconic with Flow Studio.
- Tilín Cacao by Isabela Rodrigues
- Mark Geyer is offering an Interface Animations workshop at BlendConf 2014.
- Alex Manthei, designer and poet, took Adam Whitcroft's Skillshare class Icon Design: Create a Cohesive Icon Set and made this icon set.
Apples & Pears & Apples & Pairs
- Parentheses by Lydia Nichols
- Pear Lute by The Half and Half
- Apple product icons by Sergey Grigoruk for MacPaw
- Knight pair by Nikola Durkan
Badass Lady Creatives
New over at Badass Lady Creatives:
- Illustrator, designer and maker Emily Balsley of Madison, Wisconsin; to the left, “a sneak peek of a little self-promo somethin’-or-other”
- Buenos-Aires-based illustrator and art director Vero Escalante; Marceline to the left
- Tycoon Playing cards, designed by Forefather in conjunction with Theory 11 for “The Millionaires’ Magician” Steve Cohen
- Floating House, a cardboard lamp by Vera van Wolferen
- Zane David's working closely with a Crew Interactive client to refine displays for various types of data.
- POW! Fraser Davidson shared this test from a client piece Cub Studio is working on.
- Monitise Create's Ben Dunn has been exploring Android L for responsive desktop applications.
- Ben Cline snuck us a peek at a Rally Interactive + National Geographic project.
Charleston, South Carolina, September 3
From organizer Mike Hartwell: We kicked the night off with one of our favorite tools at the eHouse Studio office, SoundDrop. Loading up our playlist with mingle music, beers on ice and piping hot pizza, we were ready to welcome a fabulous 50 RSVP’d Charleston friends. With the usual Dribbble swag laid out, Jenelle Koles and Macy White made sure to check-in each guest with a warm welcome.
Seven lucky folks were picked at random from our “take a shot” rebound raffle. Charged with doodling a rebound of our “Tools of the Trade” illustration our guests put pen to paper. The remainder of the evening was spent brainstorming the tools that make our processes more efficient, productive, versatile, etc. Using the Post-it Note® method we where able to cluster similar apps, services & methods.
Now that our call has been answered comes the real work. Regardless of my personal fear of large crowds, it’s now my mission to sustain our newly founded community through sharing, educating and inspiring diverse Charleston creatives. Thanks to our sponsors Shopify, Dribbble, A Book Apart and eHouse Studio. Your contribution helped make our meetup a huge success.
Washington, DC, September 4
More than 200 Dribbblers gathered at Canvas. From the DribbbleDC feed: “Thank you to everyone who came out to the #dribbbleDC Meetup … huge turnout and a great time!” Thank you to organizer Martin Ringlein!
- De Pere, Wisconsin
Tuesday, September 9, 7 p.m., Genius Labs, 421 George Street. Drinks, Laughter, Dribbble Swag & Design Contests. RSVP.
- San Francisco, California
Thursday, September 11, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m., Highlight, 25 Kearny Street, Suite 300. RSVP.
- Atlanta, Georgia
Friday, September 12, 6:30 p.m., Campus Bubble, 323 Edgewood Avenue, Suite A. Beer, Ping-pong and shoptalk on a rooftop. RSVP.
- New Orleans, Louisiana
Saturday, September 13, 6 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- London, England
London Skillshare’s Dribbble Championships, Monday, September 15, 6:30 p.m., upstairs at The Railway Tavern, 15 Liverpool Street. Analog Playoff plus Photoshop challenge. RSVP.
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Tuesday, September 16, 7 p.m., location TBD. RSVP.
- Boston, Massachusetts
Refresh Boston, Thursday, September 18, 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Fresh Tilled Soil, The Riverworks, Suite A310, 480 Pleasant Street, Watertown. Not a Meetup, but we’re buying the pizza and hope Boston heads over to Watertown to hear Mat Marquis talk about responsive images. Sponsored by us, Fresh Tilled Soil and Future Insights. RSVP.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
DribbbleTO, Thursday, September 18, 7 p.m., BNotions, 106 Front Street E, 2nd Floor. RSVP.
- Manchester, England
Tuesday, September 23, 6:30 p.m., TechHub Manchester, 26 Lever Street. Theme: Web design fashions. RSVP.
- London, England
Generate London Dribbble Meetup, Thursday, September 25, 6:30 p.m., location TBD. Sponsored by Badoo, Dribbble and Shopify. Interested in attending the conference? Use the code Dribbble20 when registering for a discount. RSVP.
- Richmond, Virginia
Thursday, September 25, 7 p.m., Cafe Caturra, 5811 Grove Ave. RSVP.
- Athens, Greece
Pre-Digitized Dribbble Meetup, Friday, September 26, 7 p.m., Tzaferi 16, 16 Tzaferi. Gather in advance of the Digitized Digital Design Conference. Network, get to know each other, and shoot pool. RSVP.
- Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Friday, September 26, 8 p.m., location TBD. Type Wars, portafolio reviews, cerveza y buena charla. RSVP.
- Memphis, Tennessee
Tuesday, September 30, 7 p.m., Cafe Eclectic, 603 N. McLean Blvd. RSVP.
- Oslo, Norway
Wednesday, October 1. More information to follow at Dribbblereit's Meetup page.
Friday, October 3, 7:30 p.m., Indicius, 1154 Darwin. Sponsored by Aerolab, Indicius, Dribbble and Shopify. Max. capacity 100 - RSVP now!.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.