Since Last Week
We announced the second annual Dribbble + Dropbox Meetup (above left) and traveled to Newport, California to visit Hoozpah HQ. Hoodzpah Baseball T-shirt above center. Hoodzpah HQ above right, photo by Jenavieve Belair.
Shopify + Dribbble Playoff
- Wow! Nearly 250 of you joined the Shopify “Design is … ” Playoff. (Opening salvo by Paul Pritchard). We (Shopify + Dribbble) are looking hard at all the shots, and will announce the winners later this week. Thanks so much to everyone who jumped in - we’re really impressed with what you created.
Liking Your Lettering
- RK stamp by Jonas Söder
- Underground Charisma by Andrei Robu
- The pen is mightier. by Ryan Rushing.
- Notebook cover by Jennifer Wick for Minted
Kickstart Me Up!
Practice Makes Perfect
- Vingar by Arslan Ali, who has been practicing glass.
- Mobile UI blueprint (free!) by Lorenzo Buosi
- Basic meditation app (in progress) posted by Anke Mackenthun
- Creatures III by Arturo Liranzo
Where I Went on My Summer Vacation
- Chus Margallo came to the USA, including to Washington, DC, for An Event Apart.
- Surikami made an image for each day of her vacation.
We Like Camping!
- Code Camp, “a creative camp with the focus on real-estate innovation,” by Andrew McKay for Domain Creative
- BarcampOmaha 2014 by Bryan Findell for Grain & Mortar
- Camping y’all by Rachel Wright
Badass Lady Creatives
- Featured this week at Badass Lady Creatives: Alyssa Nassner, who recently took her career freelance. Alyssa’s latest Dribbble shot, Target Gift Card, to the left.
- Nick Misani painted this sign for his uncle. “It felt so good to get off the computer.”
- hero image by Olga Vasik for Fonts.com
- Laura Bohill/Ghostly Ferns is working on an icon set for Condé Nast Traveler magazine.
- number posted by Shaomai for Meituan Design.
- Teespring revealed its new logo; posted by Teespring Creative Director Jared Erondu.
Beijing, China, August 9
Thank you to organizer XiaoHuo (n0dk4ne) (above right), who worked so hard to make this event a success, and to everyone who attended.
Istanbul, Turkey, August 10
Thanks to our global Meetup co-sponsor Shopify.
- Portland, Oregon
PDX Lettering Collective, Wednesday, August 13, 6:30 p.m., Cathedral Park (just under the St. John’s Bridge). BYO snacks. Activities to include a rotation game - first person creates a letter, second adds, etc. until a word appears. Participation optional. RSVP.
- Dallas, Texas
Chicken Foundry Eat-up, Wednesday, August 13, 7 p.m., Chicken Scratch/The Foundry, 2303 Pittman Street. RSVP.
- San Francisco, California
Dribbble + Dropbox, Wednesday, August 13, 7:30 p.m., Dropbox. Happily or sadly, depending on how quickly you RSVPed, this Meetup is full.
- Cleveland, Ohio
Dribbble @ the NPR @ Weapons of Mass Creation Fest, Friday - Sunday, August 15-17, noon - 8 p.m., Cleveland Public Theatre, 6415 Detroit Avenue. RSVP.
- Boston, Massachusetts
The Email Design Conference Dribbble Meetup, Monday, August 18, 6 p.m., District Hall, 75 Northern Avenue, Fort Point. Sponsored by Litmus, Campaign Monitor, Shopify, and Dribbble. RSVP.
- Atlanta, Georgia
Thursday, August 21, 8 p.m., Trader Vic’s, Hilton Hotel, 255 Courtland Street NE. Sponsored by MailChimp. Live music, tropical cocktails and snacks. RSVP.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
Friday, August 22, 5 p.m., location TBD. RSVP
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
CREATIVE BOOST Dribbble e Woodoo/LABS Brasil, Saturday, August 23, 2 p.m. - 7 p.m., UTC-03, Casa Liberdade, Rua Liberdade, 553. RSVP.
- Brooklyn, New York
Dribbble @ the NPR, Saturday, August 23, 6 p.m., Cotton Candy Machine, 235 South 1st Street. Featured artist: Two Arms Inc. RSVP.
- Lansing, Michigan
Capital Area Inaugural Dribbble Meetup, Wednesday, August 27, 7:30 p.m., 435 East Grand River Ave., East Lansing. RSVP.
- Dublin, Ireland
Thursday, August 28, 7 p.m., Against the Grain, 11 Wexford Street. RSVP.
- Odessa, Ukraine
Saturday, August 30, 10 a.m., 30 Августа10:00Одесса, ул. Приморский бульвар, 11, г-ца Лондонская. Sponsored by Provectus. RSVP.
- Charleston, South Carolina
Wednesday, September 3, 6 p.m., eHouse Studio, 2 Race Street. RSVP and follow Charleston Dribbble/dribbbleCHS on Twitter.
- Washington, DC
Thursday, September 4, 6:30 p.m., canvas co/work, 1203 19th Street, NW. Presentation by TJ Cichecki and Abe Garcia of Workhorse. Sponsored by canvas, Dribbble and Shopify.RSVP.
- Nashville, Tennessee
Saturday, September 6, 4 p.m., Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, 111 10th Avenue South. More details to follow.
- Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Dribbble @ The NPR, Saturday, September 6, 6 p.m., Machines with Magnets, 400 Main Street. RSVP.
- De Pere, Wisconsin
Tuesday, September 9, Genius Labs, 421 George Street. Drinks, Laughter, Dribbble Swag & Design Contests. RSVP.
- London, England
Generate London Dribbble Meetup, Thursday, September 25, 6:30 p.m., location TBD. Sponsored by Badoo, Dribbble and Shopify. Interested in attending the conference? Use the code Dribbble20 when registering for a discount. RSVP.
Have a shot you’d like considered for Replay? Send the link to email@example.com.