Lead Product Designer
Bain & Company is one of the world's leading strategy consulting firms, where bold thinking, inspired people and a passion for results come together for extraordinary impact. A key aspect for achieving our mission is ADAPT, our global digital experts team with capabilities in product design, product management, design thinking and software development. We help our clients solve their toughest business problems and provide strategic advantage fueled by design, technology and analytics.
Our Lead Product Designers are hands-on design leaders and the backbone of our design capability. In this role you will apply a user centered design approach to create impactful digital solutions in an integrated team with strategy consultants, product managers, data scientists and software developers. You will lead the full design process hands on: user research, synthesis, concept creation, prototyping, testing and high-fidelity UI and visual design. Additionally you will contribute to product strategy, act as the foremost advocate for the power and value of design, and collaborate closely with diverse client stakeholders to ensure knowledge transfer.
As a core member to the team you will also help to bring ADAPT to the next level as a business. This includes supporting the recruitment of new design talent, coaching junior team members, contributing to design culture and evangelizing our capabilities within the firm.
We are looking for a highly collaborative, intelligent, ambitious individual with exceptional problem-solving and communication skills. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change, and have a passion for making an impact in high stake business environments.
Success in this role will require:
- Several years (minimum 5, preferred 10+) of hands on experience in designing and bringing digital products and services to market (or equivalent experience)
- A thorough understanding of UX/UI, Design Thinking and Agile methods
- Fluency in working with state of the art UI and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Flinto, Invision, Adobe CS)
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation and people management skills
- A highly ambitious and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
This role requires approximately 40-60% European-wide travelling to clients as needed. Your home base will be in our London office.
What we offer
Since day one, our formula for success has been simple—create a high-impact, supportive culture where immensely talented people are encouraged to be brilliant at what they do. We strive to make a difference and the accelerated learning process at Bain & Company is unparalleled:
- Work with some of the best minds in business
- Experience the steepest learning curve of your career
- Attend comprehensive training to ensure you have what you need to succeed at Bain and beyond
- Receive an unbeatable compensation package
- Travel all around Europe
Unlike any other company in the world Bain has been among the global top 4 in Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” list every single year for the past decade and recently took 1st place again in 2019.
Diversity is key to our mission of building extraordinary teams that deliver unparalleled results. We recruit people with exceptional talent – and celebrate their differences. Our affinity groups (Women at Bain, Asians at Bain, Blacks at Bain, Latinos at Bain, BGLAD - The GLBTQ Network) are active networks that offer coaching, mentoring and professional development.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a current portfolio displaying a successful record of accomplishment at renowned digital companies showing your solid experience in designing digital products and services.