Design systems are much more than just a trend. They’re a best practice for design coherence and product development efficiency.
Before, only large companies could afford the effort of building and maintaining a design system. But with the growth of new tools and processes, design systems are now much more feasible for companies of all sizes.
To celebrate the growing popularity of design systems, UXPin is hosting the largest online event dedicated to the topic.
Between Feb. 13 to 16 this year, Design Systems Virtual Summit 2018 is totally free thanks to sponsorship from Atlassian and Salesforce and partnership from organizations like Smashing Magazine, Dribbble, and the UXPA.
They’ve invited 15 experts from companies like Atlassian, Airbnb, Salesforce, Linkedin, Zendesk, GE Digital, IBM, and more. Each speaker will share lessons learned from projects and case studies.
- How to assemble a design systems team and technology stack.
- How to identify and resolve design inconsistencies.
- Where design systems should be consistent or flexible and how to adapt tools and technology to balance both.
- How to avoid vague design principles.
- How to sustain consistency across products and interface targets (Android, iOS, VR, or even Natural Language interfaces).
- How to build a design systems backlog, governance model, and ROI tracking.
- How to unify design with code.
- How to close knowledge gaps between designers and developers.
- How to sell a design system to designers, engineers, and stakeholders.