UX/UI Visual Designer
WE’RE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A VISUAL DESIGNER TO JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM.
Local in-house candidates are great, but we are a semi-distributed team and are also open to remote positions within North America.
Established in 2003, Sleepless Media is a boutique digital design agency based in Santa Cruz, California. With a heavy focus on customer experience, we specialize in branding, web design, and development for outdoor/adventure, lifestyle, and technology brands on the Shopify and WordPress platforms.
About the Position
As one of our full-time designers, you will be involved in and/or own key projects from start to finish. Your design work will consist of designing elegant, innovative solutions whether it’s defining a beautiful UI/UX for a pixel-perfect website, illustrating a detailed icon set, or designing logo concepts for comprehensive branding projects. You’ll have the opportunity to grow with us, add insight, and make an impact on our ever-evolving processes.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- Thorough experience in designing user-interfaces for responsive e-commerce and marketing websites
- Versatile branding and general graphic design skills
- The ability to work iteratively developing user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to help define the experience with your team
- Expert proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Confidence in presenting your work to the team and the client, clearly communicating and defending your design decisions
- Strong understanding of designing for dynamic content and content management systems
- An emphasis on detail, organization, and consistency with an eagle eye for QA
- Experience working in a design studio or design department of a company
- Art Direction, photography, and/or writing skills as it relates to your work
- Knowledge of e-commerce (Shopify a big plus), internet marketing, strategy, and SEO.
Life at Sleepless:
- The rare opportunity to work right here in the heart of the Santa Cruz area with some of the best clients around
- Walking distance to food, shopping, etc.
- Bike to the beach, if that’s your thing
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- 100% Paid health insurance benefits for salaried employees
- Retirement plan w/ employer match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and long break from Christmas through New Years
- Generous flexibility
- Great coffee, espresso, snacks and don’t worry–we’ve got plenty La Croix
- Work-from-Wherever-Wednesdays (Your couch in your PJ’s? By the pool? We got you.)
- Team outings, Beer Fridays, Breakfast Burrito Mondays, and everything in between
To apply, please include the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Links to samples of your work, including website addresses, and your exact contribution and role in them.
- Your current pay expectations
- At least 3 references
- When you would be able to start
- Any upcoming trips you have planned within the next 6 months
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.