Junior Art Director
Superdigital is a creative ad agency located on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston. Our clients range from food and CPG to restaurants, luxury real estate to sports, including Julian Edelman of the New England Patriots. Since 2013, Superdigital has created brand content for a wide range of clients.
We’re looking for a Junior Art Director (with a portfolio) who is expected to exhibit good design judgment and work collaboratively with a writing partner. You are responsible to achieve the highest possible standards for all materials, requiring Art direction and design across mostly digital channels, however may extend into all media channels. You’ll also work with the team to create proposals and presentations for prospective and current clients. This role requires working knowledge of clients business challenges and the ability to lead art direction to address specific marketing objectives.
The Junior Art Director must have a basic understanding of creative departmental procedures, such as routing, print production protocols, usage rights of stock images for layout, etc.
- Daily responsibilities include working with a copywriter to generate and execute creative concepts from design through finished product.
- Work must adhere to clients marketing strategies and objectives, meeting deadlines within budget on client projects.
- Performs image searches using approved stock sites
- Assists copy partner in analyzing and interpreting data; and looks for graphic opportunities. - Contributes innovative ideas appropriate to the clients marketing strategy
- Develops understanding of audience needs and targets designs and creative styles to appropriately meet them.
- Performs basic layout in sketch and/or digital formats for assigned project that is complementary to tone and style of copy.
- Understands and implements agency/client review and routing systems; makes revisions to agency copies, identifies problems or inconsistencies, solves problems by reviewing with supervisor/account services.
- Participates with creative, copywriter partner and brand team to develop multiple concepts/campaigns for assigned products/projects.
- Must be able to develop a range of creative executions for each project and be able to effectively collaborate with copy partner to ensure that words and image work together to support the concept.
- Logically organizes content material from a range of sources to create a compelling narrative/story flow with art.
- Ability to adapt concept to all mediums.
- Communicates with team members at all times regarding deadlines, revisions, quality control and new work.
- Makes sound, timely decisions regarding need to change work in progress and reports them to supervisor.
- Work with copywriter to support creative approaches to communicate brand personality and messages for both the overall campaign and individual materials.
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,...)
- Intelligent thinking, organization, and accuracy.
- Conceptual thinking and ability to deliver a thoughtful point-of-view about the creative
- Ability to juggle a full plate of assignments across all channels (TV, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Energy, enthusiasm & passion
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively present work to senior creatives, members of the account team, and clients
- Ability to take feedback from senior creatives, members of the account team, and clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience
- 1-3 years of art direction and/or design experience
- Proven creative talent (several well produced, big idea campaigns) and strong design sense
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Junior Art Director”.
Please include a portfolio.