Motion Graphics Designer
Cboe Global Markets is seeking a talented, and creative video editor / motion graphics designer to join our dynamic media production team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about storytelling and design. This is a role for an imaginative individual with a strong creative sensibility, an eye for detail, deep knowledge of industry tools, and the skill to bring to life compelling stories around often complex finance related topics. In this role you will be working closely with both internal leadership and external clients and will be an integral part of every piece of the creative development process from idea generation to presenting final deliverables. The position is based in our Chicago office.
· Design and produce motion graphics and animations.
· Edit projects utilizing video, stills, special effects, and motion graphics.
· Create highly engaging animations for a variety of media including social media, web, special events, and conferences.
· Work both independently and collaboratively to design motion graphics that transform complicated concepts into clear visuals.
· To stay current on advancements in animation, creative trends and design to deliver cutting edge productions.
· Participate in the process of creating storyboards and design concepts that clearly define the graphics' intent.
· Ability to pitch, write and report explainer style videos on various business and finance topics.
· Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines, including production of daily shows.
· Work collaboratively with our Corporate Communications, Marketing and business line team leads, but also be able to lead projects and work independently.
· To be a creative thinker and storyteller who can solve complex design challenges and develop cutting-edge, compelling, original designs that enhance our company brand across all mediums, including: on-air, print, digital, social media and emerging new media platforms.
· To be able to execute projects from concept to final delivery.
· Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
· Support the design team as needed with photo editing, bespoke illustration and icon design.
· Responsible for training and developing others in the use of animation software.
· We are a lean media production team and other responsibilities will include:
o Assisting in live event, webcast and studio production.
o Assisting in setting a stage, lighting a set, and shooting footage w/video or still camera.
o Assist in troubleshooting equipment, at least on a basic level.
o Assist Corporate Communications team with operating broadcast camera for live TV hits from trading floor, as needed.
· Applications must include a reel with previous motion design/animation work.