The UX/UI Designer will work with our UX/UI design leaders to help envision how people experience our digital products and services and bring that vision to life – taking complex tasks and transforming them into natural, simple, and delightful activities that drive up customer satisfaction and set the bar for high quality digital experiences in healthcare. They will be executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with our UX/UI Design team, Digital Product Management, Development, Marketing, other internal business stakeholders, as well as external vendors. The Designer will perform in all facets of the end-to-end design process: customer research, usability testing, wireframes, concepting and prototyping, creating high fidelity designs, producing assets for implementation, creating implementation specifications for software development teams, and working with the UX/UI design leaders to apply quality control through the use of style guides and review processes. It is expected that the Designer will continuously research interaction design, visual design, and other related technology trends to which you appropriately inform his/her work. It will be the Designer’s duty to uphold and socialize standards and best practices among all of your stakeholders in and outside of the company.
Please note this applicant will be required to supply a portfolio (online/interactive preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field preferred. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of user experience and user interface design, and/or visual design for software, and/or web and mobile applications required. Proficiency with industry standard graphic and interaction design tools (i.e. Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision).
- Strong visual and graphic design aesthetic with keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of process of using wireframes, prototypes, and visual design comps.
- Stays on top of digital trends, emerging technologies, and new tools that can be leveraged to enhance our UX.
- Experience collaborating on user experience and visual design with diverse business stakeholders.
- Good conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, drawing skills, and sketchbook technique.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven examples of displaying the IH values: Passionate, Caring, Respectful, Trustworthy, Collaborative and Accountable.
- Preferred Experience:
- Highly knowledgeable with responsive web design principles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Proven ability to generate design specifications and style guides to effectively communicate visual and interactive design requirements to development and QA.
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap and other common frontend development frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Information Design (ID) and Information Architecture (IA) best practices.
- Working knowledge of user-centered research including user interviews, usability testing, intercept surveys, etc.
- Experience working in tandem with and managing deliverables of external UX/UI and usability testing resources.
- Icon/glyph design experience.