Experience Design Director
Are you an experience design director looking to improve people's lives in a meaningful way? SquadX (a Xische company) is partnering with leading institutions to re-imagine and deliver the best customer-centric experiences.
We focus on combining business acumen, creative designs and cutting-edge engineering in high-performing squads.
As an Experience Design Director, you will join our multidisciplinary leadership team of product, design and tech visionaries and experts to design and deliver award-winning online and offline experiences.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the design process and creative output with accountability to the success of the design and creative teams. You are expected to build a team, define the design vision and standards, manage the process and support in client development activities.
- Conceptualize design projects and lead the creative process to meet specific client needs
- Plan, oversee and manage the design work streams to ensure timely and quality deliverables
- Build, coach and manage the design team across all competencies (CX, UX, UI, research, ..)
- Lead and direct the user research activities to uncover hidden needs and ensure usability and customer acquisition
- Define the creative and design vision and principles for the company/client and the experience delivered by its products
- Set up and lead design thinking sessions to help drive creative problem solving and product creation
- Coordinate with the Product and Engineering Directors to align and drive the end to end project delivery
- Lead the creation of consistent Design Language and ensure it is maintained and implemented by all design teams
- Monitor and drive the team to utilize the latest relevant methods, tools and trends
- Develop and manage productivity to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
- Support client development activities (e.g. generating ideas for pitches and proposals)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software
- Solid experience in development of distributed/scalable systems
- Proven track record in leading and managing sizable engineering teams in a product development organization
- Active learner passionate about new technologies to meet technical requirements and keep up with industry trends and innovations
- Strong problem-solving skills to conceptualize and analyze complex technical issues
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in an agile organization
- Experienced in SCRUM and agile engineering practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal alignment and client presentations
Posted 3 days ago