Microsoft 365 is a key part of the company’s cloud strategy and overall mission of empowering people and organizations to achieve more. As part of the customer journey to the cloud there are times when they need to reach out to seek help from Microsoft and that’s where our team steps in to make sure that the customer support experience is best in class. Our team is responsible for the entire admin and support ecosystem starting from the Microsoft admin portal (https://admin.microsoft.com), support entry point experience, AI driven self-help, support agent tooling, diagnostics and making sure telemetry is readily available to all of engineering to continuously drive product improvements. Our team is full of people who have truly embraced a growth mindset, is not afraid to make mistakes, believes in doing and are obsessed about providing our customers the best support experience possible.
This role is for a Designer position is in the Microsoft 365 Product Management (PM) team, with an emphasis on improving the self-experience for our customers. As a designer, you'll be responsible for an internal product used to serve self-help content to millions of Microsoft customers. You’ll partner with product managers to translate business goals into efficient and thoughtful UX. All designers in M365 Admin design studios must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, and you'll get the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
• Ship human-centered experiences for the Self-help product
• Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
• Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
• Work across visual, interaction, motion, brand, and other designer disciplines to ensure your contribution enhances the overall user experience
• Present design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into design efforts
• Implement and/or evolve Microsoft's visual design language (including grid, typography, color and other design-language patterns)
• Effectively communicate with program managers and developers through implementation to realize design vision
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of design and design direction
• Deliver visual assets and/or guidance (information structures and hierarchies; navigation models; animations, wireframes, flows, and other visual prototypes) to development counterparts on time and with quality, in accordance with agile methodology
• Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
• Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
• 5+ years of experience in relevant design discipline
• Portfolio emphasizing interaction and graphic design skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations for varied audiences
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
• Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts
• Ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture
• Experience creating, managing, or contributing to UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
• Knowledge of natural user interface (NUI) paradigms is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.