Senior Designer, Content
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Senior Content Designer (Presentation Designer, Graphic Designer, Visual Designer) role is an opportunity for someone who is able to translate complex concepts into visually interesting representations and stories, to have their work at the center of the product experience. You will get the chance to dig into the minds and strategies of leaders in the fastest growing tech companies as you help develop world-class content for Reforge programs.
You'll be joining as part of the foundational team of a profitable proven startup, doubling seven figure revenue year over year, that is led by experienced entrepreneurs. In addition, you will be integrated into our community of subject matter experts include the leaders behind building companies like Slack, Pinterest, CreditKarma, ClassPass, ipsy, Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey, Thumbtack, and more.
Reforge was founded by Brian Balfour (former VP Growth @ HubSpot, 3X venture backed founder) and includes key advisors (Andrew Chen, Managing Partner @ Andreesen Horowitz, former growth @ Uber) and Russell Glass (Former founder/CEO Bizo - acquired by LinkedIn). We are based in San Francisco, but welcome remote team members based in the US. We offer competitive salary, benefits, flexible vacation, minimal travel requirement, continuing education support and more.
Our professional world is changing faster than ever. This accelerating change creates more opportunity than ever before, but how we capture this opportunity is lagging far behind. Professional development and masters level education is a lifelong endeavor, however but there is a growing gap of what professionals want/need and the existing options available.
Reforge develops professional development programs for top performers. We work with the leaders of the fastest growing and most innovative companies such as Uber, Pinterest, Atlassian, and HubSpot to teach frontier topics to todays emerging leaders. Our programs focus on:
- Results over certifications
- Going deep, rather than skimming the surface
- Continuous learning, over static expertise
In just a couple of years, we've built a thriving community of emerging leaders solving problems at Airbnb, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Amazon, Facebook, Stitch Fix, and many more. Here are just a few comments from our alums:
“I got my MBA at Berkeley, but this program has been more transformational for me then the entire two years I spent there. Thank you!”
“Reforge is easily the highest quality professional skills program out there. If I had to choose between attending an unlimited number of industry conferences, versus going only to the Reforge, I'd choose Reforge without hesitation.”
“Reforge has easily been one of the best investments of time and money I've ever made in my professional development. I love how the course codifies what I've been doing for the last four years as VP of Marketing.”
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of strategy lead, course producer, and others to develop world-class content on frontier topics for Reforge programs.
- Translate detailed written outlines into story driven, visually rich presentations.
- Design, build and manage a library of templates to be used across all Reforge programs.
- Contribute to constructing and refining the process to accelerate new product development.
- Develop charts, infographics, diagrams as well as occasional animation and multimedia.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- Reforge Subject Matter Experts - Leaders at companies like Pinterest, Uber, Atlassian, Google, LinkedIn, and more.
- Program Production Team - Cross functional team of content designers, producers, and researchers.
- CEO - You'll work closely with the CEO and management team as Program production is our top priority.
- World Class Students - Our programs are application only and selective. They attract top performers from the world's leading tech companies.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally, 5+ years of experience as a Content Designer, Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Presentation Designer, Story Boarder, Visual Journalist or similar role, however, we hire based on quality of work not years of experience so we encourage all to apply.
- Strong storytelling ability, making complex analytical concepts accessible, visual and engaging.
- Capability to create illustrations, infographics, diagrams, storyboards, and narratives using vector and pixel-based art to be used in presentations.
- A portfolio of work samples demonstrating your visual and storytelling abilities.
- Expertise with Keynote/Powerpoint, Sketch/Photoshop, and other key graphic design or illustration tools.
- A love for technology with a curiosity of how the fastest growing companies operate.