Senior UX Graphic Designer
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is driving creativity and design as a competitive platform for innovation and brand globally to enhance design-driven solutions for people and the world. We are looking for a Senior UX Graphic Designer for our Consumer Business Group to enhance the design function at the 3M Design Center, located in Maplewood, MN.
Does your curiosity inspire you to imagine tomorrow’s solutions? Do you ever wonder how collaborative creativity can enrich innovation and make progress possible? Or wonder if design can drive competitive advantage for business and improve the customer experience? These are just a few of the questions we ask at 3M Design every day. Our diverse, global team includes design talent from multiple creative disciplines, who keep the engine going for strong operations to ensure our design organization is world class. We’re looking for creative explorers who are excited to be part of the design journey at an innovation company like 3M, driven by curiosity.
The person hired for the position of Senior UX Graphic Designer will work with cross-functional teams to create user-centered visual designs, interfaces and interactions for the Filtrete™ Smart Mobile App and other Air Quality IoT applications. The person in this role will lead the creation of visual assets, design templates, style guides, interaction designs and app prototypes for mobile (iOS and Android) and web applications. They will work closely with user experience designers to apply visual designs to application wireframes, support UI updates, and participate in User Testing and market research.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Senior UX Graphic Designer primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creates world-class visual designs and user interfaces from concept to execution for mobile and web applications, and connected IOT products.
- Collaborates with product designers, UX designers, and developers to create intuitive, compelling interfaces and interactions between mobile applications and connected devices.
- Builds high-fidelity interactive prototypes to demonstrate app functionality and deploy in user testing.
- Translates interaction wireframes into visual designs that are visually engaging and intuitive, while staying true to the brand’s style and guidelines.
- Prepares robust visual documentation to deliver to development teams, ensuring the design intent is maintained through the development process.
- Defines key user interface behaviors through the use of experience models, personas, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, simulations and etc.
- Develops visual design languages and systems including layouts, grids, photography, iconography, UI elements and design pattern libraries to ensure cohesive visual design.
- Willingness to be fearless about driving new ideas, and finding beautiful and powerful ways to communicate them.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university in graphic design, visual communications, UI design, or user experience design
- A minimum of three (3) combined years of working experience in user experience design and/or visual design, with experiences in designing solutions for web, IOT Devices and mobile applications including IOS and Android
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in the design industry
- Excellent visual design skills, layout, typography, and colors
- Experience working collaboratively with other product managers and engineers in a variety of settings
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: Up to 10%
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
About 3M Design
3M Design is the creative engine driving design for innovation at 3M. As a global team of diverse talent that creates meaningful and consistent brand experiences, we stimulate collaborative creativity to translate insights and technologies into solutions that inspire and positively impact our customers, our employees, and our world. At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
For more information about 3M Design, visit www.3M.com/design or follow @3MDesign on Twitter. Learn more about 3M at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now