Principal Product Designer
About the Role
As a Principal Product Designer, you will be an engine of design innovation and customer delight. You will work closely with product management and engineering teams to design new and iterative product experiences that solve customer needs.
You will join a diverse team of talented product managers and designers that cover the customer experience for our web, mobile, and connected device apps. You will help lead the innovation to define next-generation listening experiences.
Customers have a unique emotional attachment to radio and audio in their lives. At TuneIn, we leverage that base affection to create new products that customers love.
What You Will Do
- Represent our listeners by actively practicing and evangelizing customer-centric thinking
- Be hands-on and lead by example by creating and modeling design processes for others
- Own and drive end-to-end design solutions from ideation through execution to delivery and iteration
- Establish collaborative relationships on cross-functional teams with Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Content Operations, and Marketing
- Understand customer and business goals in-depth to challenge easy answers and look around corners in the roadmap of customer experiences we’re building
- Look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Create user scenarios, user journeys, wireframes, UI designs, and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
- Deliver high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering
- Work with the design system and contribute to its continuous innovation
- Visits and coordinates with major platform partners on special engagements, as well as with content providers
What We Are Looking For
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You have the ability to think long-term and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
- You make a great partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You can manage your time and can work effectively either from an office or remotely
- You are self-aware and humble
- 8+ years of experience as a product/UX designer, working closely with Product Managers to develop strategy and rationale for features in a relevant industry (streaming media)
- An online portfolio reflecting that experience, including shipped and currently in-market products, and demonstrating end-to-end design methodology
- Advanced expertise with leading design, collaboration, and prototyping tools
- Expertise designing cross-platform (iOS, Android, Web)
- TuneIn offers a competitive salary, bonus, and equity compensation packages.
- We offer generous benefits, including 100% coverage of all health plans for employees and dependents regardless of which medical health plan you choose.
- Dental and Vision plan coverage
- Flexible time off policy, plus 14 paid holidays (2021)
- 401k Plan
- Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Technology stipend
- Individual training and educational spending
- Pet insurance
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be.
TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to live play-by-play of every NFL and NHL game, commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio, and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.