Lead Product Designer
Currently in stealth mode, UpRoar Technologies is reimagining social media for a new generation. Founded by a visionary and accomplished technology leader, our proprietary platform brings fans and influencers together, empowering them to maximize their voices and foster more meaningful relationships. UpRoar harnesses the power of pop culture to inspire and change the world — one fan at a time.
UpRoar is looking for an experienced and innovative Lead Product Designer to play a critical role in launching this cutting-edge, Gen Z-focused platform that will set in motion a brand new era for social media.
We are open to this person working remotely from anywhere in the United States.
This role requires a superstar with a great sense of style and brand, and a thorough understanding of modern social media platforms and current mobile app trends. The ideal candidate has a proven talent and passion for high quality mobile UI and UX design, with a laser focus on the user experience, and aligned with Gen Z and Gen Glass trends.
You will help drive the platform UI and UX design process through ideation, definition, exploration, and execution, crafting high-impact, compelling design solutions that fulfill users’ needs while accounting for technical feasibility.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful creative thinker with attention to detail. He/she/they will be a quick learner and self-starter, with an ability to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility. This person will have exceptional communication skills, a history of teamwork and collaboration, be highly organized, and have the ability to track and juggle multiple projects and feedback sources.
The Stuff You’ll Work On
- Adjust and elevate the mobile platform’s existing design system, working to improve brand appeal to demo
- Develop core brand assets, style guides, toolkits, and guidelines, and communicate those to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to strategic decisions in partnership with the Product and Engineering teams
- Create compelling visual presentations including web pages, pitch decks, demo videos, and other collateral
Stuff You’ve Done
- College graduate or an equally (or more) compelling collection of life experiences
- Experience building design systems for Mobile app platforms (CMS platforms a plus)
- Strong interaction design skills, including animation such as After Effects & Cinema 4D.
- Expert in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite and similar software
- Proven track record of shipping high quality mobile apps
- 5+ years of UI design experience, and UX experience
- Illustration experience
- Technical background or familiarity with software engineering and knowledge of prototype presentation software (Principle, Proto.io, Framer) are preferred
UpRoar Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.