Lead Designer (FT)
Grand Studio is searching for a Lead Designer to join our teams to deliver digital products and services in a consulting environment.
Lead Designers are driving us forward
Our Lead Designers are making the switch from design practitioner to design leader with our teams. They embrace their past experiences in research, design, and consulting to help mentor their teammates to realize new skills and opportunities. Overall, our Lead Designers are guiding the team and the client to groundbreaking products and services that positively impact users.
What you can expect in the role
- On the ground running team operations on a day-to-day basis to deliver successful digital strategy and product design engagements for clients
- Collaborate with a Director for big picture account strategies to deliver business value
- Contribute to hands-on design execution for experience design and/or visual systems
- Mentor others to produce high-quality research and strategy recommendations as well as digital product design deliverables
- Learn to manage projects with clients including week to week planning, scoping for design activities, and consulting with our clients throughout the process
- Help us build a culture of learning, contributing to the growth of our collective design expertise
A great Lead Designer at Grand Studio often has....
- Professional design experience in a consulting or in-house environment
- A talent for storytelling and communication skills through presentation
- An understanding of the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform design systems
- A portfolio of case studies that shows a mastery of design execution for a diverse set of digital products or services grounded in user, business, and technical insights
- Comfortable working with high-level design briefs, breaking down ambiguity into a path for design to be successful
- Ability to provide teammates with constructive and supportive critique
- Experience in providing other designers with support critique to deliver production-ready design concepts and specifications
- Comfortable in guiding stakeholder groups toward insights and decision-making
What you can expect from us...
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision benefits package and ancillary benefits package (life insurance, commuter, FSA + DCFSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Generous paid parental leave
- Flexible time off policy
- Remote working
- Allocated to one project at a time, you’ll have complete focus to do your very best work
- No account managers / no telephone games: our teams are responsible for moving the engagement forward with clients
- No time tracking! We operate on a weekly billing schedule for clients
- A learning budget and conference program attendance
- Mentorship opportunities with our Directors to continue building your career
- Collaborative, supportive, and inclusive environment
- Wellness perks: Class Pass membership and optional studio-wide fitness classes
- Remote friendly events, team and office lunches, and celebrations
Bring your whole self to work
Grand Studio believes that teams diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective create better work.
We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone, from any background, feels included and supported to do their best work.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please be sure to include work samples, it could be in the form of your website, a PDF, a dropbox link- we don’t care, we just want to see work that shows expertise in designing for complex digital products or services grounded in what's possible, what's helpful and what the business can support. All submissions without this will not be considered.