Gubagoo is a fast growing provider of messaging and commerce solutions for automotive dealerships, and building the future of buying and owning cars for millions of people.
Join the team and help lead our team in building delightful products!
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to work on a disruptive car-buying online service for automotive dealerships. You’ll join our incredible, passionate, and curious team that is constantly evolving and questioning and questioning the status quo. You’ll own design throughout the entire product development cycle, from helping with initial ideation to releasing new products and beyond.
This is a full-time remote position. We use Slack and Zoom to communicate and get work done, and have a passionate, assisting, and high-learning work environment.
What you’ll be doing?
- We expect you to help solve product problems using insights from our customers and product team, and to help the team explore new opportunities that not only cater towards the team’s goals and objectives, but truly help solve pain points with our customers.
- You will act as an owner for your designs when presenting it to the team, defend your designs while gathering feedback. The team loves any and all feedback from you, and feel inclined to challenge everything!
- Work closely with developers as they build and ship.
- Prototype and sketch to quickly present and test ideas internally or externally.
- Work with other designers to align product vision.
- Review PRs and releases that our development team makes. If you can/wish, you’re encouraged to push up small PRs with css adjustments to directly clean up our UI.
What skills do I need?
Please send us your portfolio that shows how you were tackling problems with your designs. Focusing on interfaces and software products.
- Experience in designing software products (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Understanding the whole product life cycle.
- Be able to communicate and demonstrate your thought process behind your work.
- Great eye for balanced composition and layouts.
- Self initiator, generate ideas and looking for opportunities.
- Ability to create beautiful interface experiences using Figma and other tools for animations.
- First principle thinking and system thinking. Designing a story not the page.
- Would be great if you have skills to design icons within the style.
Where I’ll be working?
We are remote from the beginning (before COVID), so work where you want. However, our team works on EST hours in North America and we’d expect you to be working with the team from 9-5pm EST.
When to apply?
Open for applications from November 9 to December 23.
Do I need to like cars?
Nope! What we care about is your passion to help us solve problems our customers have, and your drive to design and build delightful products. In this case, it happens to be building the simplest and most beautiful car-buying experience online. Push the limits with your creativity!
- Ship products — We deliver fast and frequently, so you will immediately see your work released to actual customers and feel the rewards.
- Work where you want — Not just while there’s a global pandemic in place, but also after.
- Regular compensation reviews — We monitor industry salaries and make sure we’re paying competitive salary, based on skills and experience. With yearly salary review based on your own and company performance.
- Office stipend — $75 / month for your home office on us.
- Health insurance for employees in U.S and Canada.
- Growth plan — Managers work on a growth plan with each team member to help them to achieve best results and learn new skills. Our goal is to make you as successful as possible!
- New equipment — Laptop or software, let us know what you need to perform at your best.
- Summer Fridays — June 21 until August 31. Summers are short, and we work hard all year, so we take off a few hours early on Fridays during the summer to catch some extra rays!
- Company hackathons — Once in a while we do company hackathons, where we split into teams and bring exciting/innovative ideas to life.
- Team events — roughly every quarter we organize some fun activities. Last quarter as an example, we did a virtual escape room through Zoom. It was a blast!
- Performance review — we believe that feedback on your work should be candid. To avoid any surprises and ensure that we are all aligned, we have 1 on 1s every month. Performance reviews every 6 months.
- Company offsite — The whole company meets once a year during the holidays in December, to celebrate the year and see each other in person in Delray Beach, FL (Canceled while pandemic in place.)
- Vacations and paid holidays — We offer 3 weeks of paid vacation, a few extra personal days, and a few national holidays every year.
Apply for this job
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, link to your portfolio and a subject line “Product Designer at Gubagoo".
Thank you very much and we’re excited to get to know you!