Lead Product Designer
You have an exceptional track record working with early stage startups to scale their design processes and philosophies. You have an eye for clean and artful design with a knack for translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. Plus, you can translate this to design software and platforms that ultimately meet the needs of our customers.
What you will own & improve:
- Mentor & Lead: You're joining a rock-star design team. It is of the utmost importance that you continue to bring a “next level” mentality to help Trainual be a leader in the design space. You’ll work closely with our designers to create a polished and consistent approach to design.
- Design System Management: A critical part of any scaling team is to create a consistent and repeatable design system to scale with quality. It will be your job to ensure our design processes are maintained and implemented to create consistency across all product lines at Trainual.
- Mastery of Design Thinking: Ability to apply Design Thinking principles to every aspect of the design process to rapidly validate ideas to ensure core customer needs are met.
- Design Implementation: You will collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product vision, visuals and experience. You will execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering. This includes developing the wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Design Conceptualization: You will ideate solutions that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks. You will find creative ways to solve UX problems like usability and findability to design effective user interfaces to be attractive and aesthetically pleasing.
- Measuring Design Success: You will analyze and measure the success of designs (Build/Measure/Learn) through qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- User Research: You will conduct unbiased customer calls, data analysis, and monitor user behavior to build better solutions. You will create personas through user research and data collection to define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
What you already know:
- 10+ years of UX/UI design experience helping scale design teams.
- Built and maintained design systems to scale at mass.
- Expert facilitator to work with cross-departmental teams to solve core business and customer needs.
- Experience with product processes and philosophies: Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Design Sprints.
- How to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- How to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards across all product offerings.
- How to do the following (UI): UI sketching, branding, color, typography, layouts, design research, animation, UI prototyping, interaction design, visual design, and graphic design.
- How to do the following (UX): use case definition, identify user problems, conduct unbiased user research, usability testing, prototyping, user modeling, and journey mapping.
- Proficiency with the following design, research, illustration and animation software: Illustrator, InDesign, Heap, FullStory, Figma, Sketch or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- How to present your research, designs, or solutions to key stakeholders internally and externally.
About the Team
Your leader is Taylor Sell, our Director of Product. You will work closely with Tyler and Elle, our two Product Designers. Your ultimate goal is to make our product more user-friendly and solve problems that will attract and retain customers.