Mobile App & Wearable Designer, Swim.com
Who we are
Swim.com is the number one swim workout and training platform for swimmers. With the largest collection of workouts, pools and clubs, swimmers of all types can compete and take their swimming to the next level.
Swim.com is the first (and best) activity tracking platform to be 100% focused on swimmers. With the most accurate proprietary swim tracking algorithms, we support all major wearables including the Apple Watch, WearOS compatible devices and Samsung Wearables. We also integrate with Garmin and Sunnto. With thousands of custom workouts, Swim.com users take their swim to the next level, join clubs and compete on leaderboards.
We are seeking a talented mobile & wearable designer to help us with a variety of projects and enhancements for Swim.com. These projects include enablement of a premium subscription model and the delivery of swim workouts to a variety of wearable platforms including the Apple Watch and Samsung devices. This project should last 1.5 - 2 months. You are driven by excellent design and branding aesthetics combined with exceptional results. This role requires an independent self-starter who can work remotely with our team. You should also be an avid user of fitness/activity tracking apps and familiar with the design patterns of these types of apps.
What you will do
- Drive design enhancements for a variety of Swim.com features
- Work closely with the lead PM on converting wireframes to high fidelity production mockups.
- Deliver on-trend design and ideas, be innovative and willing to push the boundaries with elevated designs
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
Who you are
- An experienced Mobile Designer with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Required: Experience designing apps for wearable devices
- Required: Familiarity with a variety of fitness/activity tracking apps
- Possess a strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills (Please include a link to your portfolio when applying)
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental visual design principles such as typography, composition, color theory, and layout
- Great workability to easily accept changes and feedback
- Highly collaborative, organized, strong attention to detail, and respect for deadlines
- Experience working remotely
This job normally operates in a professional office environment. However, due to COVID-19 this role operates remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Flexible - either full or part time
Base salary is negotiable based on experience
How to Apply
Apply with a cover letter, and link to your portfolio. Please be specific as to why you feel you are qualified to work on an activity tracking app.