Contract Product Designer
Compound Eye enables machines to understand their surroundings in 3D and in real time using only passive sensors like cameras and IMUs. Our technology gathers far more information than active sensors like lidar and radar, for a fraction of the cost, and has applications in mapping, augmented reality, self-driving cars, and other autonomous robots.
We are looking for a talented product designer to collaborate with our team on the development of software-as-a-service for managing and analyzing 3D data gathered by our sensors. The end users will be governments, automakers, logistics businesses, micro mobility operators, robotics companies and more; anyone who needs to understand the world in 3D and in real time.
The team working on this project is half in the Bay Area and half remote and for this role we are open to either.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design new features and products
- Build an understanding of user needs against technical constraints
- Create and document user flows, wireframes, UI and interaction solutions
- Design for the best user experience alongside product, engineering, and timeline constraints
- Use your experience and knowledge to educate the team through demonstration, discussion and formal design feedback sessions
- Identify user research opportunities and inquire about usage data to help support design decisions
- 3+ years of experience designing software-as-a-service
- A portfolio that demonstrates your strength in user experience and visual design (experience designing 3D tools is a plus)
- A demonstrated use of process, documentation and tools to drive collaboration and progress
- An interest in learning how complex systems work and how the right user experience can make them accessible to any of our users
- A natural tendency to take initiative and drive projects forward
- Well-established experience in the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UI and visual design
- Great communication skills—both oral and written—with an ability to deliver feedback to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear expertise while being willing to learn from others
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Ideally, experience using Figma, GSuite and Asana
- Strong familiarity with web design patterns
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS