At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 800,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.
The Design team is looking to hire a Branding Designer who is a story-oriented, detail-obsessed creative who can think strategically about their work and produce creative projects that express our core values with consistency and imagination. As a Branding Designer you will help define and document a flexible design system to achieve consistency for the the Carta brand at scale. The Design team works across most projects at Carta, from our brand identity and website to events, web and digital projects, and animation. Our designers are challenged to match visual design innovation with business innovation while honoring our core principle of taking ownership.
- Create, maintain and evolve visual design guidelines for the Carta brand.
- Communicate the value and functionality of Carta in design, illustration, typography, color and icons.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to help define the visual design strategy for the product
- Help shape and define the creative vision for the Brand Marketing team
- Continually ideate and collaborate with other designers
- 2+ years experience as a Brand or Visual Designer
- An online portfolio showcasing previous work that demonstrates expert understanding of the formal elements of design, which include typography, layout, proportion, and balance.
- Skilled in explaining your work, process and design decisions while also being adamant about asking for feedback
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the very last pixel.
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite
- Motion design experience
Carta is a Series E company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.