Sr. Product Designer, Uber Transit
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer for Transit, you'll need to solve a variety of problems that Riders and Agencies face every day. How might you increase efficiency, increase equity, and accessibility while enhancing the Rider experience at the same time? How might you empower Transit Agencies to leverage big data and cutting edge technology to optimize movement throughout their cities across all modes of transportation?
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Head of Design to help define Uber Transit's product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with our Product team.
- Lead and collaborate with the broader team, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, UX Research, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Operations, and Marketing, to bring your ideas to life.
- Build and launch industry-changing products from scratch and by building upon existing technologies within the Uber Transit product suite.
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to ensure that the Uber Transit team can deliver its products in collaboration with other verticals within the Uber organization.
- Represent Uber in meetings with Transit Agencies and at Transit industry events to evangelize Uber Transit's products and capabilities.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience with mobile, web & enterprise SaaS
- Experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
Nice to Have
- 5 + years of strategic product thinking and vision experience
- 3 + years of visual design experience
- 3 + years of interaction design experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex design problems
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of web and mobile design patterns (and when to break them)
About the Team
Every day, riders take over 3 billion trips on public transportation, making mass transit vastly larger than ridesharing. Uber Transit seeks to provide transit agencies and transit riders with the best possible transit experience - saving time and reducing costs while gaining efficiencies. Imagine a future where Bikes, Buses, Trains, Subways, Ferries, UberPool, Scooters, and UberX seamlessly interconnect to lower cost, reduce congestion and cut pollution. That future starts today.