// Denver, CO
As System76 UX Architect, you distill complex systems and interactions—whether in software or physical products—into clear user journeys. You strive to design, implement, and continuously improve excellent user experiences around open source software and open hardware. You thrive in the intersection of design and engineering, and can understand and translate between both. You employ carefully-crafted, analytical techniques—along with a healthy dose of empathy and gut intuition—to discover customer pain points and potential solutions. You’re driven by data, but understand identifying problems via qualitative means.
As the perfect candidate, you’re energized by learning about and discussing technology and design, whether online or in person. You’re friendly, empathetic, a great listener, and can leave your biases—as much as possible—at the door. You can easily transition between conversations with designers, engineers, stakeholders, and customers of diverse disciplines. You understand formal UX testing and design practices, as well as how and when to apply them to different situations.
You’ll craft, lead, share, and support user experience efforts across the entire company, including internal systems, web properties, consumer software, hardware products, packaging, and any point at which a customer interacts with System76. You not only “do design,” but help encourage a human-centered, design-first approach throughout the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience designing user experiences of critical customer-facing products
- Familiarity with formal user-driven design processes, including qualitative to quantitative methods
- Experience with UX tools such as user interviews, personas, card sorting, and user testing
- Ability to communicate designs via sketches, prototypes, or other low-fidelity methods
- Familiarity with or desire and ability to learn GTK+ conventions and GNOME Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience following and working within brand and human interface guidelines
- Experience working closely with engineers and developers to bring concepts to life
- Ability to collect and synthesize data from user interviews, surveys, etc.
- Familiarity with or desire and ability to learn collaborative design and development processes with git and GitHub
Email your résumé and portfolio or examples of relevant experience to email@example.com.