Day One is looking for a Designer to join our Creative Strategy team. We are looking for a team member to help lead in the shaping and execution of creative ideas. You’ll be a valuable addition to our team, creating client-ready work, design assets, and presentations that sell in work and bring our ideas to life visually.
We expect you to be driven by quality experiences and inspired by design— your passions should be in quality executions no matter the medium. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for creating and communicating concepts, developing campaign art direction, and ideation for original assets.
You will create a range of work spanning ideation through delivery while working closely with our Senior Designers, Creative Director, and strategy counterparts to fulfill and exceed client needs. This requires an ability to set the tone and guidelines for how work should look and feel as well as the world it lives in.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day One. We offer a highly collaborative environment where smart and passionate people come together to solve some of creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard — but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up. And that’s not changing any day soon. We emphasize and value our relationships– after all, we’re powered by them. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business.
This position is full time and only available in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate will be a visual thinker who can help us solve problems with both their hands-on skills and thinking. A lot of job descriptions put people inside a narrow focus, but this is an opportunity to flex and showcase a variety of skills.
- Be concept and creative-minded, providing a unique perspective and support for projects
- Contribute to creative strategy sessions by providing ideas and insights to build from
- Collaborate effectively with team members across studio and agency
- Deliver client-ready assets on everything including social, out of home, brand marketing, advertising, responsive web, pitches/presentations, events and print design
- Multi-disciplinary design portfolio
- 4+ years experience within the industry
- Familiarity designing across platforms from digital to print to experiential
- Energetic and collaborative with a great work ethic
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- First-hand experience taking projects from concept to design
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to present concepts and to work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus