Create modern and intuitive designs within Semantica AI’s flagship enterprise intelligence platform. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and complex application design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate requirements into effective, and functional user interfaces.
Report to and work closely with the UX/UI Lead to provide high quality visual design using design and UX & UI processes. The employee will operate within an agile software development lifecycle and receive prioritized tasks coordinated by Product Management.
Supervisor: UX/UI Lead
Product Managers, Project Managers, Software Engineers, Subject Matter Experts.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
The following primary functions must be performed to successfully execute the duties of this position:
- Collaborate with UX/UI Lead, product management and engineering to define and implement innovative UI solutions for the product visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept and mockups to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Establish and promote design guidelines, and demonstrate the ability to define, refine, apply, and extend a design system
- Conduct a UI and accessibility audit to define issues and create solutions
- Provide day to day leverage to UX/UI Lead to ensure all deliverables and goals are met
- Monitor, implement, and update the team with the latest changes and standards in the design industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications)
- Minimum of Three (3) years design experience and proven track record and a strong portfolio demonstrating UI design skills
- Prior experience with data driven, business intelligence and or analytics based applications
- Must have experience with Sketch, Invision, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Strong design skills in illustration and iconography
- Solid knowledge of best practices for mobile and web-based UX and responsive design, with a deep and broad knowledge of accessibility, and usability principles and techniques
- Must have strong design presentation skills
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience designing complex software interfaces
- Experience with motion design and/or front-end coding
- Working with or building a design system
- Experience using Jira or other Agile/Scrum software
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills. Must be able to work both on a team and independently
- Ability working in a fast paced, feedback driven environment
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Great attention to detail throughout the design process and into the QA process as designs are implemented
Semantic AI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.