Contract Interaction Designer
Suited, a well-funded predictive hiring platform, is looking for a Contract Interaction Designer to help us polish the look and feel of our web applications.
Suited is a predictive recruiting network that connects qualified candidates and top-tier firms using artificial intelligence. Our platform uses proprietary assessments and machine learning algorithms to help the most promising candidates from all backgrounds access highly sought-after opportunities by enabling firms to equitably and holistically consider every individual. Suited allows firms to reduce recruitment costs, increase employee performance and retention, enhance culture, and expand diversity.
We are a team of engineers, data scientists, industry professionals, psychologists, and machine learning experts. We are a small, collaborative team that is passionate about the problems we are solving and the impact we are having on improving access to professional career opportunities. We believe in the Netflix model of company culture (personal freedom, trust, and responsibility) and work in a collaborative "check your ego at the door" environment where everyone has a seat at the table and opinions are valued and expected!
We are looking for a Contract Interaction Designer to provide interaction- and graphic-design proposals to support the development of our Suited Design System across our web-application products. We have an existing set of interactive components; we need your help to take these to the next level as we apply new brand guidelines and continue to develop our design system.
Your Top 5 Responsibilities
- At first, you will create holistic design proposals for applying the Suited brand specifications to the current web application interfaces. There will be an emphasis on typography and color design. You will provide 2-3 completely different design concepts for the interface update.
- Regularly, you will provide interaction design variants for all states and transitions of new or updated interface components within the Suited Design System, based on provided wireframes or designs.
- As needed, you will create photographic assets for web-applications. Source stock-photos or create photos that match the brand style-guide and provided brief.
- As needed, you will create illustration assets (small illustrations, icons, emoji) for web-applications in the brand style for a provided brief.
- Throughout, you will collaborate with the Suited Team’s designers and stakeholders to find consensus on the best design variants for given constraints. Provide Sketch artifacts for selected designs. Provide approval feedback on components implemented bySuited’s Engineering team.
Your Top 5 Qualifications
- Ability to design a visual language matching brand and audience, demonstrated by portfolio case studies.
- Enthusiasm to explain formal design decisions in terms of the principles of visual and graphic design.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative process of making design decisions through feedback on variants.
- Experience designing interactions for software applications, with sensitivity to states, transitions, and accessibility, demonstrated by interactive portfolio.
- Experience designing typography systems for websites and web applications, demonstrated by portfolio.
The Fine Print
- This is a contract position.
- There will be a large initial engagement for a holistic visual and typographic design to implement an update of our brand design in our web applications.
- There will be future engagements of smaller scope for fine-tuning visual and interaction design of modular components that will be added to the Suited Design System over time.
- Working in Sketch is required.
- The ability to meet face to face in Austin is preferred.