Head of Design
Sellics is a profitable, global and rapidly expanding SaaS start-up from Berlin that is revolutionizing commerce on the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon.
We have developed an All-in-One solution for sellers and vendors that provides everything they need to be successful on Amazon. The integrated toolbox offers features for all aspects of business: Amazon SEO, Profit Analysis, PPC Campaign Management, Product Research, Review and Inventory Management and Competitor Tracking. With more exciting features in development, we continue to shape this fast-growing industry with cutting-edge software innovation.
As a company that has grown organically, Sellics values ownership and agility. We pride ourselves on the ability to listen to customers and incorporate their feedback as well as build a dynamic company culture where every team member has an impact, striving to create an environment where people not only enjoy coming to work every day, but are actively involved in the development and success of the company.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Design who is excited to lead the establishment of design as a discipline at our company, and has a skilled understanding of the ins and outs of communication, business strategy, and growth-focused management. You will join a quickly-growing company and design team, and will have the opportunity to leave a big impact in shaping Sellics and our products.
- Lead strategic planning for design at Sellics, and oversee the internal development of our Design System
- Work closely with the Head of Product to understand and communicate business insights and objectives to the design team
- Foster a strong and inclusive design environment by facilitating workshops or discussions to inter-team communication
- Mentor, coach, and support each member of the design team to ensure their professional growth
- Partner with product leaders to define and measure metrics to track usability and user satisfaction
- Work with the People & Culture team to attract and hire top talent to join the growing design team
- At least 5 years of experience in design, with at least 3 years in management roles directing strategy and leading a team
- Experience creating, implementing, and maintaining an internal design system
- Impressive design skills, preferably in platform design, evidenced by your online portfolio of past user-centric examples
- An evidenced ability to balance business objectives with design initiatives, and knowledge on how to build a quirky, creative, and passionate design environment while keeping the customers' needs as a top priority
- Grown a design team and practices at a company before, preferably in e-commerce, SaaS, and/or a B2B startup environment
- Are a natural leader and mentor
- Can communicate clearly with team members in and out of your discipline, and enjoy creating cross-organizational synergy
- Are process-oriented and can drive big ideas into actionable strategies
- Are driven to innovate, and have a desire to push our product and your teammates to the next level
Why Sellics? We offer:
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Flexible office hours
- Flat hierarchies with open communication
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Self Improvement Grant
- Free food and drinks, regular team events
- Participation in our annual company trip - this year, we went to Lisbon!
- An opportunity to join a dynamic group of teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and if we all keep the kitchen clean together, we get unlimited chocolate :)
Posted 23 days ago