thelab is looking for a Digital Designer (2+ years relevant experience) to join our amazing team at our NYC Hudson Yards office!
What you'll do:
The Digital Designer will report to the Creative Director and work with a team of designers, copywriters, developers, and producers on new and current projects. We’re looking for a range of design and creative capabilities, which include:
- Digital design experience: Banners, email marketing, and social campaigns make up the bulk of our work along with the occasional responsive website or landing page. We’ll look for you to easily plug into our day-to-day projects.
- A love affair with design: We’re looking for someone who is just as obsessed as we are about beautiful typography, photography, and layout.
- An understanding of motion design. We don’t necessarily need you to animate, but we would like someone who can think through animation that enhances everything from landing pages to client social feeds.
- Conceptual thinking: All ideas welcome. If you can make it, we’ll pitch it.
- Grace after the 10th round: Some clients are easier than others. A big part of this job is being okay with client feedback and revisions.
- A grown-up attitude: we don’t do drama here ☺
- Extra credit: Experience with photo and video shoot production.
Excited about digital design, naturally! You have experience with responsive sites, follow the latest and greatest in motion graphics, and delight in dynamic typography and color palettes. A well-designed email makes your heart flutter, and your Instagram saved folder is full of great social ads. You’re a self-starter and team player who understands how to manage up. And you keep your photoshop files well organized, because it’s The Right Thing To Do. You might even be able to convince your Creative Director that Instagram Shopping is the future of ecomm. Or not. We're looking for people with opinions here.
Thrilled to have you on the team, and excited to nurture and grow your skills. We all love what we do at thelab—we pride ourselves on craftsmanship, thoughtfulness, and flexibility. We’re inherently curious. We like to solve problems. We enjoy a good BBQ (veggie burgers too, y’all). We aim for work/life balance and keep a fairly reasonable schedule. Most of all, we’ll care about you, the work you do here, and the career we’ll help you grow.
A little bit more about what you'll get working with us:
- great pay and benefits, including full medical, dental and vision, as well as 401k with match
- generous PTO
- fun employee events, including monthly game nights, outdoor BBQs and more
- an awesome work set up, with helpful co-workers, lots of snacks, daily breakfast and the occasional friendly pup
We are an agency of makers with deep expertise in solving creative, production, and technology challenges. Our focus is on making better work, to help brands work better. We partner directly with clients to think big, build from scratch, and design for reality. From branding & design to ecommerce builds or anything in between, thelab mixes inspiration and hard work to produce results that mean business.Posted 28 days ago Apply Now