Product Designer @ Buffer
Buffer is in the midst of becoming a multi-product company. As our flagship product, Buffer Publish is at the core of our overall strategy. Product Designers at Buffer work fluidly with Engineers and Product Managers, prototyping, designing, and iterating on key features and user workflows.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help shape the next major evolution of our Buffer Publish product. You’ll work to refine and iterate on existing features and workflows as well as design entirely new interfaces and user experiences from the ground up that will be used by our 77,000 paying customers.
Being successful in this role will require strong collaboration skills, working in a lean way within a tight-knit, cross-functional team to ensure we deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers. A key accountability of this role will be the overall quality and innovation of our Buffer Publish product.
Sound interesting? We'd love to hear from you!
What You'll be Doing:
In this role you’ll report to the Head of Design. Day to day you’ll be collaborating directly with a cross-functional that includes a Product Manager, Engineers, and an Engineering Manager. You’ll also work closely with fellow Designers, our Customer Research team, and our Data team.
- Distilling complex features and workflows into simple intuitive experiences for our customers.
- Using prototypes and other lean methodologies to learn about our customers, their needs, and abilities.
- Designing well crafted user interfaces and experiences that balance form and function.
- Solving customer problems at scale using a mix of research, customer interviews, data, and your own product intuition.
- Working with Engineers and Designers to implement and directly contribute to our evolving design system.
- Regularly seeking out and sharing feedback to help improve the overall quality of our products and design thinking.
- Delivering clear design specs and artifacts that engineering can fully execute on.
- Collaborating closely with Product Mangers and Engineers to ensure your designed solutions are shipped to customers as intended.
- Being the voice of our customers and advocating for their needs and abilities.
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Strong product design portfolio that includes a mix of well-crafted user experiences, visual design work, and an understanding of interaction and motion design.
- Previous hands-on experience working on a SaaS or software product throughout the entire product and design lifecycle.
- Comfortability relying on your own product intuition when needed to ensure the product and process are always moving forward.
- Ability to synthesize feedback from multiple sources and find a path forward.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design process and the basis for your design decisions.
- Experience working with HTML and CSS, along with a strong desire to directly contribute to overall product quality and polish, is helpful though not required
- Strong visual design skills including a solid grasp of typography, layout, composition, hierarchy, and color.
- Clear and concise written skills with an ability to distill and communicate complex topics in simple ways.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines.
- A track record of successfully balancing customer and business needs to reach goals and meet expectations.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
💻 Technology: Get hooked up with a laptop to do your best work.
🎼 Learning & development stipend: To encourage our teammates to be their best selves, we offer a small stipend for any course or training they'd like to do.
🤒 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US based.
💰 Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $87k - $144k USD per year.
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work from wherever you feel happiest.
📈 Stock options: Joining the Buffer journey means you can choose to own part of the company.
⛺️ Unlimited time off: Our only policy is that you give yourself a break regularly.
✈️ Retreats: Join us on annual international company retreats! Our last retreat was in SIngapore.
📚 Free books (and Kindle): All you can read, no questions asked.
🍼 Family Leave: If your family grows during your time at Buffer, we recommend taking 3 months of family leave, regardless of when you joined.
Where You'll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 15 countries, 11 timezones and 42 cities around the world to build a great culture and product. You'll work where you're happiest and most productive, in the place that helps you to become the person you wish to be.
Here's our tentative transparent hiring timeline:
February 18 - March 15: Apply to join the team!
March 18 - March 22: We'll spend time reviewing applications
March 25 - April 19: Follow-up interviews with the teamPosted about 1 month ago Apply Now