Namecheap’s Cloud mission is to make technology accessible. With products like EasyWP, we’re delivering the easiest way to start a WordPress website. We want to give people seamless ways to publish on the web and give them control over their data. Our team works to empower people with their online ventures. We discover, iterate and collaborate on solving their problems. We’re already the fastest growing product in Namecheap and we’re only getting started.
We are looking for a passionate designer with a background in digital and brand design to join us. A master of their craft and comfortable working across various media. A conceptual thinker who can bring ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. Someone who understands design and digital marketing; who has experience in building effective landing pages and digital campaigns. Someone with a strong point of view, and who is great at communicating it through their writing, speaking and work. They can work autonomously, collaborate with others and get things done.
Location: Porto, Portugal
Structure: Full-time, Onsite or Remote
Your Future Team
You’ll join a remote team with colleagues from all over the world. You’ll be able to work autonomously, while working closely with the design lead in Namecheap Cloud. You’ll have first-hand experience of a growing product, in a leading company in its field.
In this team, you’ll collaborate with expert marketeers, managers and developers. You’ll sit alongside other designers in the company as we create and iterate our products. In fact, you’ll have a comfortable desk available in our Porto office with an amazing view of the city.
We like to work methodically and responsibly. We are always on the lookout for better ways to work. That’s why you'll frequently participate in the knowledge sharing initiatives of the team. And similarly, we’ll support your individual growth
Your Team: Matt Russell, Chief Cloud Officer, and team.
In 2000, Richard Kirkendall founded Namecheap with one simple idea: that every Internet user should have access to fantastic domains and awesome customer service – without breaking the bank. Namecheap and ZONE 3000 started a strategic partnership 15 years ago.
Fast forward nearly two decades and today we’re a Fortune 5000 company and the second largest domain name registrar (ICANN-accredited) and web hosting company in the world. We offer a suite of web services and products to our 2 million happy customers, we manage more than 10 million registered domains and we have an organization with more than 1000 people serving our customers’ needs. We’re growing – and fast.
We pride ourselves on being straightforward, friendly, and helpful. We’re dedicated to providing our customers with unparalleled levels of service, security, and around-the-clock support so that they can establish the online presence they dream of.
So – are you ready to be a part of something big? Join our vibrant team and collaborate with happy high-performers who work from all over the world.
- You are a great designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many web pages over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You are excited to sketch concepts, and to tweak and polish designs that represent big-thinking work. You stay curious and ambitious while keeping your feet on the ground.
- You are a great communicator. You speak and write fluently in English. You have the communication skills to present concepts, negotiate design decisions, and help move things forward.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible skills, you are constantly looking to educate your design instinct through user feedback; for example, through hands-on research or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You are really curious and always eager to learn what’s new. You keep up with industry trends and learn about new tricks and techniques.
- You have an online portfolio or a PDF that you can share with us together with a resume (required).
- In your application, you are able to provide a brief explanation of why you are excellent for this role, using examples from your portfolio.
To own customer-oriented design projects
- Design effective and beautiful communication experiences for Cloud products, from full product websites to playful illustrations.
- Own the design of all digital communication materials, by creating a memorable and cohesive visual language that reflects EasyWP and Namecheap values.
- Influence and contribute to the overall creative direction and copywriting.
- Design beautiful merchandise and print materials that communicate and support the brand values.
To make educated design decisions
- Use adequate research and analysis methods to listen to customers, capture their needs and understand their goals.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes. Balance the use of pixel-perfect attention to detail and low-fi sketches. Know how to test and capture both quantitative and qualitative insights to improve results.
- You can work strategically for long-term impact.
To be autonomous
- Take full ownership of your work and be responsible for every last detail.
- Actively seek to discover opportunities for improvement in communications and in the product.
To be a team player
- Partner closely with design, development, product and business to find elegant but practical solutions that delight our customers.
- Understand how the product communicates holistically.
- Communicate and present thought-out solutions both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate early and continuously with developers for great implementation.
- Use and contribute to the existing design system.
- Contribute to the documentation of work, guidelines and best-practices for Namecheap Cloud products.
You Must Have
- 5 years of related experience in digital and brand design, communication design, illustration and user experience design.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Must have portfolio link together with resume.
- Portfolio features creative digital marketing work, illustration, user-friendly web design and product design.
- Prototyping skills in Sketch and InVision. A plus if you also know Principle, After Effects, Framer or others, but not required.
- Basic understanding of digital marketing, product design and product strategy. A plus if you have experience in design systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Can articulate design decisions.
- History of self-initiated projects.
- Experience with basic content strategy
- Competitive salary
- High degree of autonomy
- A crucial role in a creative, growing team
- International colleagues with a great sense of humor
- A flat organization with low-hierarchy and open communication
Ready for more?
Step aboard! Your journey is just beginning.Posted 13 days ago Apply Now