KeepTruckin is on a mission to connect the world’s trucks. With the leading ELD and fleet management platform, we are bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
The numbers tell the story:
- The KeepTruckin network is composed of more than 200,000 trucks and is expected to grow to 400,000 by end of 2018.
- We grew from $1 million to more than $50 million in annual recurring revenue in 12 months, among the fastest growing SaaS companies ever.
- Our Glassdoor rating is 4.8 stars. We have built an incredible culture with high trust and transparency, where people feel empowered to do their best work.
About the Job:
As a Design Technologist at KeepTruckin, you will work with Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to understand users, and design and deliver high tech, user centered solutions for fleet logistics.
You‘ll be the lead technical person on the team, and will play a central role in the design, development, and delivery of our software product offerings (Mobile and Web) and internal design system.
You are a passionate and experienced Design Technologist that bridges the gap between design and engineering. If you are as passionate about user experience as you are about systems thinking, and care about details, consistency, and quality—at scale, let's talk!
In this newly created position, due to company growth, you will meet users to test your designs, working within the product design team to define and extend design systems, and collaborate with engineering teams to iteratively deliver a great experience.
- Be the technical lead, and a key participant in taking our design system to the next level
- Rapidly build and iterate on prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task
- Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership
- Effectively present, explain, and test your prototypes internally and externally
- Collaborate with Product Design, Engineering and Product Management to get UI/UX and features implemented with high quality
- Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or Graphic Design (or relevant design field).
- 3+ years of work experience in building mobile and web software, and doing rapid prototyping in browsers
- Expertise in hand-coding HTML and SCSS to create semantic, standards compliant versions of your designs
- An understanding of design patterns and modularized SCSS
- Familiarity with Git or another modern version control system
- Experience in designing interfaces in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Framer…
- Proactive attitude, effective independently and as part of a team
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the things you work on
- Excellent self management and communication skills
- A desire to learn and teach
- Please include link to your work for consideration
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.Posted 29 days ago Apply Now