Associate Creative Director
In this role, you will work closely with account directors, strategists, designers, copywriters, and analysts to ensure that we’re delivering beautiful, innovative, and strategic work. You will bring creative vision and program leadership to nonprofits, advocacy campaigns, and brands. We’re more interested in the originality, craftsmanship, and proven success of your ideas and concepts than we are in your awards or sizzle reel.
You’ll lead and inspire the project team and the client towards a successful vision. You’ll guide the development and implementation of digital campaigns and platforms from initial concepting to presentations to final delivery. You will assess and ensure the quality of creative on an ongoing basis, provide creative solutions, define new process as needed, and offer final sign-off on design, copy, and UX for assigned projects. Lastly, you’ll stay on top of industry trends, publicly champion Blue State Digital work and ethos, and mentor junior members of the project team.
You will be a part of our global creative director team working closely with a cross disciplinary team in DC.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years in senior creative role, with hands-on designing and art direction experience.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision and/or Marvel. After Effects or video editing skills, a plus.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with teams of designers, copywriters, strategists and creatives - taking insight that has been shaped and developing compelling, digitally-driven ideas and products.
- Impeccable communication skills: able to clearly articulate design or strategy related dilemmas, offer multiple solutions, and/or direct others in finding creative solutions.
- Exceptional presentation skills: able to explain the rationale behind a particular design or creative strategy, and guide clients through difficult decision points.
- Deep knowledge of user experience and best practices for site development: how journeys constructed and users driven on a journey from awareness to advocacy.
- Strong understanding of persuasion strategies and tools: copywriting, social influence, brand advocacy, and fundraising.
- Patient monitor-side manner with creatives, able to make key decisions when and where required.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and resourcefulness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD.
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 250 employees in six offices around the world.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now