Do you want to design a better world?
Join us! Kinsa was founded with a mission to stop illness from spreading by knowing where and when it starts. We’ve done this by transforming the first device you grab when sickness strikes - the thermometer - into a sensor to detect when and where illness is rising, and communicate with those who have just fallen ill. Our connected products help people and communities stay healthy while advancing a broader mission: to create a real time map of human health in order to track — and stop — the spread of disease.
Great design is at the heart of everything we do, and there’s no shortage of exciting design challenges at Kinsa. Our products have won numerous design, tech and parenting awards, and have been featured in an Apple TV commercial, The New York Times, CBS This Morning, CNN, NBC News, CBS News, The Today Show, Good Morning America, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The Bump, New York Post, San Francisco Chronicle, Business Insider and many more!
Who we're looking for
As our second designer here at Kinsa, you’ll be working closely with our product and engineering teams to create engaging native mobile app experiences that comfort and empower parents when their child is sick, answering their most important questions like ‘is it serious?’ and ‘what should I do next?’. This is the ideal position for a designer who’s looking to: exponentially grow their experience in mobile product design; gain exposure to a broad range of design challenges including hardware product design and data visualization ; and make a huge impact in a startup organization.
- Use your UI, UX and IxD design skills to create beautiful and intuitive user interfaces for our mobile apps
- Collaborate on all aspects of the design process including user research, wireframing, prototyping and visual design
- Partner with our product and engineering teams to create simple and effective solutions to complex problems
- Deliver clear and thorough design specifications and assets
- Drive user testing and help your teammates understand their needs and goals
- Map out end-to-end experiences for different user types
- Play a key role in developing and codifying our visual design language and patterns
- Critically analyze the success of your solutions and iterate quickly on new ideas
- Pitch in wherever needed, e.g. hardware , creating data visualizations, leading our daily stretch session ;)
- A desire to use your skills to have a widespread impact on people (we are a mission-first company)
- 2+ years experience in a product or UX design role, preferably focused on consumer-facing mobile products
- Experience with native mobile app design for both iOS and Android
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, HCI or relevant creative field
- A strong design sense, with a deep understanding of color, composition, and typography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented mindset and ability to manage multiple projects & priorities
- Ability to rapidly ideate multiple design solutions and render visuals
- Self-motivated and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Humility and a positive attitude is a must. We welcome healthy discussion and debate, but we make sure to put ideas ahead of egos.
- Proficiency in Sketch and Zeplin
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision, Marvel and Principle
- Experience working in a startup environment is a big plus
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in agile teams
- Experience creating and managing design systems
- Experience with user testing
More About Us
- Our team has led programs that brought life-saving treatment to millions of people, started several successful ventures, and built best selling mobile apps and hardware.
- We’re backed by successful entrepreneurs in health and tech, as well as awesome VCs
- Located close to Montgomery BART
- Dog friendly office + Office Dog named Chloe!
- WeWork building with great amenities and views of the city
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Friday team lunches
- Annual team retreat
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now