Marketing Graphic Designer
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 7 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category.
Why do we need you?
We’re looking for a talented communications designer with a passion for marketing and branding. As our Marketing Communications Designer, you have an unmatched eye for layout, composition, typography and colour.
At Blinkist, you’ll raise the bar for our marketing design by using your design chops to develop beautiful creatives that perform well and captivate audiences across a plethora of marketing channels.
If you relish the challenge of working in a fast-paced start-up and spearheading our quest to create an inspiring brand, then this job is for you!
As our Marketing Communications Designer you will:
- Utilise your various design skills for a diverse range of communication assets — such as email assets and banners for display campaigns (i.e - Google, Facebook etc)
- Maintain and evolve a modular email design system; allowing you to design beautiful email templates for our highly popular weekly newsletter
- Work in an analytical and creative way in order to develop and rapidly iterate on design solutions for paid and organic marketing channels
- Collaborate closely with our in-house marketers to design engaging creatives that help drive business and brand goals
- Help evolve and refine our visual brand, alongside our Art Director, to strengthen the Blinkist brand
- Be an integral member of the Blinkist design team and work closely with the team to improve creatives and maintain consistency
- Help champion and advocate for strong design culture at Blinkist within the wider company
To do this, we believe you should have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a similar role, ideally in a startup environment
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design, illustration and branding experience
- A self-starter mentality; you’re able to prioritise your workload and have a solid workflow that allows you to effectively tackle design challenges
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with various stakeholders
- A deep understanding of standard design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc
- [Bonus] Basic understanding of marketing KPIs and using data to inform your designs
- [Bonus] Experience with HTML5 banner creation
- [Bonus] Experience with design for emails and an understanding of the limitations of email clients
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Marketing Graphic Designer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!Posted 4 months ago Apply Now