Sr. Instructional Designer - Robotics
At Dishcraft Robotics our mission is to revolutionize commercial kitchens using robotics and improved processes to create better workplaces for humans. We are a venture-backed Bay Area startup that is revolutionizing commercial kitchens with robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
At Dishcraft Robotics, first and foremost, we value people, intellectual engagement, and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, curious and skilled instructional designer to own creation of our end-user training program. You will be responsible for designing a variety of instructional materials for traditional instructor-led courses, web-based learning aids or products, self-guided, on-the-job and other programs as needed.
About the role:
- Responsible for working across product, customer care and engineering functions to gather information to inform robotic system training content.
- Responsible for creating realistic learning objectives for adult learners in a commercial kitchen environment that speak multiple languages and may be functionally illiterate
- Responsible for analyzing internal and external customer needs, and/or instructional goals and objectives to determine appropriate methods of instructional design
- Responsible for designing, developing, assessing, refining and maintaining digital media, graphical assets and written training content in English and Spanish
- 5+ years experience in instructional design for complex hardware and capital equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Experience with hardware documentation including user’s guides, cleaning guides, and instructional videos
- Graphic and multimedia design, including photography, videography, process flow diagrams and animations
- Learner-centric; Customer focused with a passion for professional learning
- Detail oriented; creative; empathetic; strong visualization skills;
- Resourceful; scrappy; problem solver; proactive; responsive; hands-on
- Motivated team player
Nice to have:
- Familiar with safety standards such as ISO, TUV and UL
- Project management experience
Dishcraft Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 8 days ago