Senior B2B Designer
What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 8,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apple’s App of the Day?
We are looking for a Senior B2B Designer to help develop, energize, elevate, and continually evolve the B2B brand through thoughtful visual storytelling & performance-driven design. You recognize that being an excellent, organized, efficient designer and possessing advanced technical prowess are table stakes. Beyond those attributes, you’re a critical thinker who adds value beyond the literal ask. You see yourself as an equal player in each marketing communication. You show ownership of each design without getting possessive and defend without getting defensive. You understand that the key to great design is great communication and you make it a point to understand consumers and restaurant owners so that your work is compelling, relevant, and meaningful to your audience. You will work closely with a dynamic marketing team and report to the Senior Art Director.
What you’ll do:
- Undertake a wide breadth of B2B marketing executions, including HTML Email design (and awareness of how they’re constructed with responsive HTML + CSS), Google slides (decks and templates), swag, social media, restaurant marketing collateral & signage, iconography, event signage, photo editing, one sheeters, animated GIFs, video editing, infographics – and beyond, suggesting formats we hadn’t considered.
- Translate technical/operational info into visually stimulating communications.
- Own and project manage your campaign deliverables from briefings, creative kick-offs, and initial stakeholder meetings, through full job cycle to final execution, deployment and then on to post project analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales stakeholders to deliver visual solutions that critically impact the growth of our product.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of visual design experience, ideally working with the marketing team of a technology-forward consumer brand.
- An impressive portfolio that showcases your design skills and a wide breadth of marketing executions.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, photo retouching, and lightweight illustration.
- Design experience that spans both digital and print, including artwork preparation for print and digital.
- Strong expertise in sourcing and leveraging on-brand photography for B2B marketing initiatives.
- A deep understanding of how to apply the methodologies of design and research to solve key business problems.
- Comfortable shifting gears quickly and juggling multiple priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver (HTML + CSS).
- Experience with motion graphics/animation (Adobe Premiere, After Effects) a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Trello a plus.
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to step outside comfort zone in order to achieve best results for company, the task at hand, and for personal growth.
- A strong commitment to teamwork. Period.
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with an employer match. (because you’re worth it!).
- Full benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance to make staying healthy easy cheesy.
- Unlimited paid vacation (yep!). You’re an adult and life is busy. We trust you to get things done.
- $25 towards Slice every week, so you can throw your very own pizza parties (public or personal, we don’t judge).
- Flexible work arrangements, because a life/work balance is important and this is the 21st century. Work how you work best!
- Discounted gym memberships, so you can work up a sweat in between pizza snacking.
- Weekly happy hours which are great for mingling with the Slice family or brushing up on your mixology.
- Weekly catered pizza lunches! Come on, you knew there was going to be pizza. But did you know it was gonna be weekly?
- Fully stocked kitchen featuring a plethora of snacks, coffees, teas, treats, (and likely leftover pizza) — a true bounty of delights.
- Quarterly company outings and events. Dress fancy and celebrate your successes with pinkies up! (And pizza. There will be pizza.)
- Great office space located in the Flatiron District of NYC, steps away from Union Square and most train lines.
Posted 8 days ago