When team members told us they needed more flexibility around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near and Work From Anywhere at WillowTree. Learn more here. Please indicate which location(s) you're interested in via the application form. If you're applying for a non-remote position and you are not currently local to the location(s), we encourage you to apply! We offer financial relocation assistance.
As a Product Designer at WillowTree, you’ll give form to ideas by being the voice and owner of product decisions. You’ll drive the design direction, and then make it happen!
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Researchers, Strategists, and Project Managers.
- Co-lead ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with clients on-site
- Ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals
- You’ll help set the bar for WillowTree’s 5 Design Principles
- Produce forward-thinking visual designs that are unique and distinct to the client’s brand
- Sketch, wireframe, build IA, motion design, and run usability tests
- Prototype to communicate the “look” and “feel” of a project using InVision, Framer, or Principle
- Ensure content strategy and design are perfectly in-sync
- Build cohesive and lightweight design systems
- Continuously iterate your designs to stay current with mobile trends
- Give and receive design critique to help constantly refine and push our work
- Push for and create inclusive, accessible design for all
- You’ve been designing digital products for 2+ years
- A portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- You’ve proudly shipped and launched several products
- A strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and advanced design principles
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can translate customer needs, behaviors, and project requirements
- Experience effectively presenting and communicating your design decisions to clients and team members
- You’re knowledgeable of what’s possible on modern digital platforms coupled with an understanding of platform design standards (e.g. HIG, Material Design)
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.