Lead Product Designer - Design Systems
Lead Product Designer - Design Systems
at Addepar (View all jobs)
Remote - USA, UK
Design at Addepar
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
Addepar is looking for a Design Systems Lead who will build and evolve the design system from the ground up, with a focus on creating an accessible, scalable, and beautiful customer experience. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, roadmap, and integration of Addepar’s design system. Responsibilities also include designing, documenting, evangelizing, and teaching the best practices associated with it.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of design systems and accessibility. Your understanding of the needs of both customers and internal stakeholders help drive design system direction. You are adept at managing relationships between stakeholders and the system and empowering the entire org to build faster and better.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the definition and implementation of Addepar’s design system, including supporting tools, resources, templates, and documentation
- Provide design leadership on standardizing component definition and usage guidelines with input from the broader product design team
- Socialize the system’s mission, vision, and processes to designers, product managers, developers, QA, and leadership
- Present work to stakeholders, consider feedback, update as needed, and gain buy-in
- Coordinate with product management on component integration efforts
- Manage the roadmap and drive quarterly planning
- Decisively resolve priorities, timing, risks, task importance, and possible breaking changes.
- Hold retrospectives and interview internal users to identify challenges, successes, and preferences in order to continuously improve the team and processes
- Leverage client research and data to help inform component definition when necessary
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience working on design systems
- 2+ years in a lead design role
- Able to showcase through work samples how you were directly responsible for leading and shaping a Design Systems team
- Strong, pixel-perfect UI design
- A passion for design systems and staying up to date on the latest standards, technologies, and strategies
- Adapt at Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, or other industry-standard design tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.