Reworking a lot of Backplane's interface and aesthetic.
about 1 year ago
@Kurt Madsen Totes!
1. What does the number in the header mean?
It can't be the number of members in the chat, since I can see 4 right now.
2. Are the chat bubbles (and their content) 3D or 2D?
- The horizontal line on the inside of the multi-message bubbles is letter-pressed.
- The bubbles themselves are flat (missing the highlight on top).
- The text is flat, not letter-pressed.
- The 3-dots indicator feel like there might be a gradient, making them 3D.
3. Text sizes are potentially inconsistent. Was that intentional?
The placeholder text in the input box is larger than the type inside the message bubbles themselves.
- The height of your in-progress, three-dots bubble at the bottom is smaller than the single line comment bubbles up above. Try matching it to the height of the avatars.
- The input box may need some more contrast against the background of the chat itself—perhaps a drop-shadow to emphasize that it's above the background.
- Add an apostrophe to "lets boogie" ;)
@Kurt Madsen ROFL
@Kurt Madsen Holy Moses! Appreciate the effort here
#1 Yeah, Typo
#2 Light 3D, Don't want it to look like a piece of candy :p
#3 All was intentional (except header is 13 in psd, looks bigger here)
#4 Yeah tried the match was too much space
#5 Although it's not visible here, the background will be on over light gray so having a lighter (other than white) input will have contrast issues, having a darker will be too much weight
#6 I've learnt the hard way not to question the things @Garrett Gee says
nicely played ma dude!
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2014 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.