I didn't realize you can actually center a background image for your twitter profile until recently. I should note that I hate twitter's header image addition, so I decided to hack it to look like it doesn't even exist! You can easily do this by following these steps:
1. Take a screenshot of your browser opened to your twitter profile.
2. Open the screenshot in Photoshop
3. Drag the desired background image into your photoshop file giving that layer an opacity & line it up with your profile. (Note: the image should line up underneath twitters navbar, top left corner)
4. Cut out the header image section, and create a new PSD file for that portion (dimensions should be 520x260)
5. To give it the feel that it's part of the page, give your header image a black gradient overlay with an opacity of 25% from the top, and a location of 33% from the bottom
Any questions, feel free to ask
Also, take a look at my profile @ http://twitter.com/karldanninger
L or F like
Z toggle zoom
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2016 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.