Letterpress Tools

7 Responses

  1. ampersandrew ampersandrew

    Free download to the first person that can accurately name all the tools in this letterpress icon set!


    over 1 year ago

  2. Sophie Clark Sophie Clark

    Ruler. Calculator. Large ink knife. Tape. Paperclip. Protractor. Small ink knife. Hempl Quoin Key. Another paperclip :) Punaise.
    Small ink knife. Type. Utility knife/Stanley knife. Ink roller. Composing Stick. Hammer :)?. T-square. Ink. Scalpel. Pencil.

    I think :>


    over 1 year ago

  3. ampersandrew ampersandrew

    Nice work @Suzie Creamcheese! I can't believe you got composing stick! Questionable though on some of the other ones. Maybe someone can help you out.


    over 1 year ago

  4. James Lavine James Lavine

    Protractor = Triangle
    Another paperclip = Bulldog clip
    Ink roller = Brayer
    Hammer = Rubber mallet

    Are those the 4 @Suzie Creamcheese missed? Nice work by the way @Suzie Creamcheese :)


    over 1 year ago

  5. ampersandrew ampersandrew

    @James Lavine Rubber mallet, brayer (or roller) & bulldog clip, for sure! Not sure if triangle is totally right though.

    @Suzie Creamcheese also called one of the items a scalpel. I guess that's not what it is, technically. I'm sure it could be used for that though.

    over 1 year ago

  6. Sophie Clark Sophie Clark

    @ampersandrewT and @James Lavineh, thanks!
    That thing next to the pencil? Looks like a scalpel to me. I'm no native speaker, so I had to translate a few words..(like protractor) In my language it's called a "geo-triangle" :)

    over 1 year ago

  7. ampersandrew ampersandrew

    So sorry @Suzie Creamcheese I didn't get back to you. Believe it or not I was off the computer all weekend.

    I didn't realize you were in Belgium (and not a native speaker). I actually spent some time last year in Li├Ęge. We were shooting photos at Calatrava's train station. I'm pretty sure I would go back for the chocolate alone. Had a good time and the people were so friendly.

    A scalpel is something a doctor would use to make an incision on someone. So I guess technically it's a surgical tool. The tool next to the pencil that looks just like a scalpel is actually an "x acto knife". That's what people would use for trimming paper and such. So you weren't far off. :)

    Regardless, if you and @James Lavine would send send me your email addresses, I'd be happy to share these with you.

    Email: xo (at) ampersandrew dot com

    over 1 year ago

keyboard shortcuts: previous shot next shot L or F like