More detail on the new notes feature in Tripwire.
- The "add a note" textarea grows vertically as needed.
- The textarea is smaller and the Save button is hidden until the textarea gets focus, keeping the initial page uncluttered.
- Users' gravatars are used to add personality to the conversation.
- Note content has simple formatting applied (like paragraphs) and URLs become links.
- It's extremely simple for now. We'll see how people use it and improve based on feedback.
over 3 years ago
Like the idea of things staying compact until they are focused/use up their space. Looking very slick!
Thanks, Adam. To be fair, the behavior is based on Facebook comments. It works well!
Annotations are always great (imagine if there were a patient site that allowed you to ... nevermind) but I wonder if it would be better to hold off on these until there was a strong organizing principle for the comments.
I suggested centering the errors around the form itself (v. models or particular requests) which I think would serve as a good basis for comments such as these. Otherwise, I worry that they just get lost in the onslaught of data.
Just my $.02. You guys are kicking ass, keep up the great work.
You could be right. We don't really have the concept of a form -- the closest thing is the URL, but that could be posted to from different forms. Some simple aggregation of comments based on common model or action might do the trick.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2014 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.