over 1 year ago
Well done and great subject!
This is great :D
What's the hole at the front for? Is this to squirt the unsuspecting when they pee? ;)
Impressive!!! @Matt Kump??
Yeah ! i like it !!!!
Lovely idea dude!! :)
You're taking the piss.
Good humor for the morning
@Matt Kump?? What you did here, I see it.
why is it upside down?
this is one of those 'wish i thought of that' moments.
@Gideon Baldridge That's the way the original piece is ;) > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)
Some people struggle seeing the level of commentary inherent in this shot. Most dribbblers are sheep just living their little sheep lives, they browse, they like, they praise, occasionally they fight but they know not what they do.
It is said that most Dribbblers are asleep until one day they look around at the things they liked and the things they commented on and they suddenly realize that their entire Activity Stream is icons, Weather Apps and Rdio redesigns.
Kump has seen what we have all missed in the Dribble sphere:
!. The wood background represents our brokenness and our self hatred.
We are all just rough and broken lovers of linen textures.
We hate ourselves for the things we like, but we cant help it.
We are broken and we know it.
2. The white rounded base shape conformed to the square shape of an iOs icon represents our inner dichotomy; between our desire to stand out and our desire to conform to the Square box.
The whiteness represents our inner desire to be reflective, shiny and glossy.
3. The four descending ovals represent the four levels of Dribbble enlightenment which are;
3. Praise Seeker
4. The six smaller circles arranged in the shape of a triangle represent the six pillars of Dribbbledom;
2. Wood & Linen textures
3. Photos of iPads & iPhones
4. Weather Apps
5. Photos of Weather Apps
6. Rdio Redesigns
5. The fountain represents our Activity Stream. The collective piss stream we create when we favorite the same things.
6. The hole of the Fountain represents the void into which souls are collected by the Almighty Chaos Dragon.
Okay, I'm still working on this last one.
Ultimately we have to ask ourselves: Are we Likers or are we Designers?
Nah I just made a toilet.
Funny how the next shot is a Rdio redesign. /cc @Ken Erickson
Digital Art History, hah love it.
I didn't realize that all the stuff I learned in Art History was going to come back, much less in the form of an iOS icon. Fuck you Duchamp.
Bonjour M. Duchamp.
Also thought this was a Duchamp reference. Good times in Art School.
about 1 year ago
@Paris Vega You'd be spot on, sir.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2014 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.