I was exploring a loading animation using Mario. Process:
1) I created the vectors in Figma.
2) Exported assets (5 bricks, Mario, and star) individually as SVG.
3) Opened SVGs individually in Illustrator.
4) Saved them as Illustrator files.
5) Dropped them in After Effects
This was the first time I used Figma to create assets for After Effects. I think using Illustrator and the Overlord plugin is the smoothest workflow for After Effects. I tried the Sketch to After Effects plugin but it wasn't very stable :/
L or F like