Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
An internal Atlassian blog post I wrote to seek for design champions (designer, content designer, developer, researchers etc) to bridge the gap. I want to get this company excited, be the change they seek, and TRULY shape the Atlassian design system to their product needs. We’d like to create a forum where assumptions can be challenged and see changes come into fruition.
I’ve been on the design system team for nearly three years, and gosh so much passion was put into this blog post. We have 221 designers spread across 9 countries and we are unfortunately still so Sydney centric. In the hopes of this is to create a formalized community of design system lovers and users, geared towards being champions that help fuel the Atlassian design system.
Later in the blog I talk about finding champions who can thread the pieces between the system and their product. I imagined a passionate individual holding a thread with those elements curled up. If you’re interested to know what those elements are:
- Designer / content designer / researcher / developer / devsigneer
- You eat visual design foundations (typography, grid, illustration, iconography) for breakfast
- Regularly sippin' that can of sweating the details. Especially when you can see the 1px difference when components aren’t aligned properly
- Eager to give back and educate others
- You’re always wearing your accessibility hat
- Passionate about sparking joy when building for scale
- Love research and use it often to inform your work