Introducing the Dribbble Good Vibes Capsule Collection—sweatshirts, tees, fanny packs, laptop sleeves + more featuring work by Aron Leah. Get shopping now!
No meetups near you? Go ahead and start your own!
Project Link: https://www.behance.net/gallery/47335959/BornFromColor-A-Campaign-for-Este-Lauder-India
About The Brand: Estée Lauder
Estée Lauder is one of the world's leading luxury brand of most innovative and high performance quality skin care, makeup, and iconic fragrances, all infused with a deep understanding of women’s needs and desires.
The client brief entailed coming up with strategies and ideas towards achieving their objectives as below:
- To raise brand awareness through digital mediums for the fragrances, makeup and skincare range of products.
- To shift the perception of Estée Lauder as a mature brand for older women to a younger audience - the millennials.
- To shift the perception of Estée Lauder as primarily a skincare brand to a skincare + makeup brand.
- To promote any new product launched by the brand.
- To drive online traffic to stores.
Strategy & Design - #BornFromColor
In order to deal with 2 most important objectives as above, along with the daily social media engagement, we decided to conduct an expression led campaign for Estée Lauder India called #BornFromColor.
From the yesteryears to the modern age, iconic women associated with the brand have each left their unparalleled legacy behind, in more ways than one. We aim to take those metaphorical milestones and marks set in history, to continue this legacy into the digital age.
#BornFromColor is a campaign that amalgamates the literal elements of makeup marks and the sentimental mark they leave on a woman’s life. Makeup such as lipstick is known to adorn the lips of women and add a dash of colour to their lives. They wear it when they’re going out, they wear it to feel confident and they wear it to compliment various moments in their lives. This campaign highlights the many shades and hues of makeup and how they’ve formed a vital part of a woman’s world.
We take the concept of makeup in everyday moments one step further by creating a digital platform for self-expression. This is a medium through which women can personally leave their own individual mark across various digital platforms.
- Featured Landing Page on Estée Lauder India's website
- In-Store Activation
Featured Landing Page
A. The Memory Pinboard
- On The Memory Pinboard page, we asked the user to upload a picture onto a pre-set polaroid, where colour has inspired them in the form of makeup at a special moment in their lives and has made them feel confident or happy. They were also asked to leave a personalised message of that special moment, with the help of multiple pre-set, stylised applicators, to mimic the strokes of a kohl pencil, lipstick or a nail paint brush.
- On completion, the user was presented with two options - To save the image locally on their computer or to share it on their Facebook Page. The Polaroid had pre generated hashtags - #BornFromColor & #EstéeLauderIN.
B. The Memory Pinboard Gallery
- The gallery page was meant to showcase the best entries that were posted through the Featured Landing Page by participants. On clicking any of the entry, a light box would open up with the entry.
- As a means of gratification, few entries would be given complimentary Estée Lauder products. These entries would be announced via Facebook and the Featured Landing Page.
- The personalised image created by the user using Estée Lauder’s products, which the user can share on any platform they choose, is a main part of the digital gratification.
- Few best entries would be posted in the gallery section of the #BornFromColor Featured Landing Page.
Facebook as a social platform was used for several objectives:
- To reach out to existing as well as new audience in order create awareness and buzz for the campaign.
- To engage and encourage audience to participate in the campaign.
- To redirect the audience to the Featured Landing Page to participate in the campaign.
- To share #BornFromColor stories and entries posted on the Featured Landing Page by the participants.
L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
© 2019 Dribbble. All rights reserved.