I'm not a fan of Sketch's Insert menu. It's hard to see the tiny symbols in the list and on top of that if the symbol is meant to use overrides they are ignored when placed via the Insert menu.
There's another way to set up your design system in Sketch.
• Copy and paste symbols from the Design System that are still linked to the Library
• Copy symbols from one file to another that are still linked to the Library
• Symbol overrides are baked in when you copy and paste (vs using the Insert Menu)
• Scales from 2 to 60 designers
1. Create two files. One for your team’s Symbol Library and another for the Design System
2. In your Design System file link to all the symbols in the Symbol Library
3. All designers download the Design System folder and link the library in Sketch
The designers on your team can either copy and paste symbols from the Design System to their own files or use the Insert menu
Download the FREE Neon Design System here:
L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
© 2019 Dribbble. All rights reserved.