"Everybody has a different way of creating textures" — Sacha Greif
Inspired by the original shot, I figured I would show off one of my processes to create large, tiled textures. Attached is a PDF with the steps and the PSD used to create it. Here is an overview of the steps:
1) Setup a guide for your texture pattern (800x800)
2) Apply textured brush to the corner of the guide
3) Move the pixels outside of the guide (top to bottom, left to right, etc)
4) Repeat the steps enough times with different brushes to get good coverage across texture area
5) Clone out any strong elements that might ruin the seamless tile effect
6) Adjust the opacity of the layers for a consistant contrast
7) Define the pattern with transparency included
8) Apply as a pattern overlay using the "Soft Light" blend mode
Follow me @Moore
L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2017 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.