Trending designs to inspire you
Work designers are riffing on
Interviews, tutorials, and more
Prompt to flex your design skills
Find your dream design job
An exclusive list for contract work
Find, contact, and hire designers
The #1 job board for creatives
Board for freelance & contract work
I believe presentation is equally important as the design you’re presenting. You have to sell the design, especially on a community like Dribbble, a community in which you’re competing against very high quality designs.
So I created a resource to help you identify if your shot can stand out against popular shots.
This resource is a layered TIFF file, with guides (to help you position your potential shot), and in the background Dribble’s popular page. Nothing more, nothing less.
How to use:
1) Download the .tif file from the attachment and open it in Photoshop.
2) Double-click on the respective layer (400x300 or 800x600).
3) Paste inside the newly opened document your design. Save and close. Return back to the initial document.
4) Check if your shot stands out. If not, create a different version of the design and see if compares better.
5) Upload the selected shot on Dribbble and wait for it to become super mega popular!
In case you don’t know how to make a popular shot, read this: “Guide to making a popular shot on Dribbble”
The file is a .tif instead of .psd simply because it was much smaller in size (5.4MB vs 7.3MB)