Quick and dirty hack to replace the Adobe Digital Editions eBook reader app icon with a pile of the Book Apart books by A List Apart (recommended, by the way) - here it is in my OS X Launchpad.
- - - - - - -
• Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50841/dribbble/BookApart-512.png (not quite ideal proportions, but this was a quick thing).
• Download Adobe Digital Editions (eBook reader software) - you can load your Book Apart ePub files and any other books you have into this, seems to be the best book reader for Mac at the moment.
• Install XCode (to get Icon composer, easiest way to make/edit Mac App icons)
• Open Applications, right click Adobe Digital Editions and select 'Show Package Contents'.
• Navigate to Contents>Resources - right click ADE.icns and select 'Open with Icon Composer'.
• Replace all sizes by dragging the PNG into icon composer's icon trays.
Instant access to shiny reference books up in your Launchpad. Boom.
L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
© 2018 Dribbble. All rights reserved.
A community of designers sharing their work, process, and current projects.
Minimum 6 characters
Uh oh… We’re still waiting for our spam prevention code to load.
Already a member? Sign in